Steve Jarrett

Talk about the staff who used to work on the mag
fgasking
Ken's Fishy Friend

Steve Jarrett

Post by fgasking »

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Steve Jarrett these days?

I was hoping to ask him a few questions about a game he reviewed back in Zzap 64 called "Pyramid of Time" which is kind of lost to all. I expect he won't remember a thing about it - but thought it was worth a try.

Thanks!
Hunting the C64 games that werent!
http://www.gtw64.co.uk
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Hi Frank,

well searching for Steve JarrAtt may help. ;)
He's been here on this board, but our (or mine, hehe) fanboy enthusiasm scared him away I'm afraid. (look, hehe) He was very helpful for the DEF tribute though.

AFAIK he's still working as a head honcho for Future Publishing. Ah, look here.

Succes!
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
fgasking
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by fgasking »

Ah.. thanks very much :)... I have found what he seems to be working on now, and have sent an email across.

I guess we'll see what happens :)... Quite an ask for him to remember a budget review from 20 odd years ago :)

Thanks again!
Hunting the C64 games that werent!
http://www.gtw64.co.uk
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Steve's been working his magic again, this time on Future's Xbox360 Official Magazine...
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

...and Steve Jarratt is now officially a Games Media Legend, having won the title at this year's Games Media Awards.
Games Press wrote:Last year’s Games Media Legend award winner, Gary Penn, presented this year’s trophy to Steve Jarratt, saying, “Steve qualifies as a Games Media Legend in every way imaginable. His career began at Newsfield on Commodore 64 magazine, Zzap!, and since then he has launched and edited some of the most influential and successful games magazines in the industry, including tonight’s award winning Edge Magazine, and the Official PlayStation Magazine.”
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

One Zzap boy handing it to another, there's something nice about that! :
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

I see a pattern here... :)

Who's next? Julian....Gordon!? ;)
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Auntie Slag
Techno Teaboy

Re: Steve Jarrett

Post by Auntie Slag »

fgasking wrote:I was hoping to ask him a few questions about a game he reviewed back in Zzap 64 called "Pyramid of Time" which is kind of lost to all. I expect he won't remember a thing about it - but thought it was worth a try.
No-one's asked so I will... any particular reason as to this game? Did you or someone you know design it?

Sorry for being nosey, but it's interesting. I always fancied speaking to the guy who created Aardvark (budget £1.99 Firebird game I think), and Gavin Raeburn, who made Thunderbolt for Code Masters (think he may have done 'The Last V8' too, fantastic music on that one).