Gordon's eBooks

Talk about the staff who used to work on the mag
Iain
Admin

Re: Gordon's eBooks

Post by Iain »

Just finished it, 5 minutes ago. Rather good!

I'll probably have to read it again soon though since most of it was read with an annoying 2 year old beside me looking for more milk, different episodes of Cugginton etc. etc. :) so I'd read a few lines at a time
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

It's almost impossible to do anything with a two-year old next to you. :) Glad you managed to finish it, though. (I'm already beavering away at the notes for the next one...)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

gordon wrote:It's almost impossible to do anything with a two-year old next to you.
Don't I know it... :(
PaulEMoz
Staffer

Post by PaulEMoz »

I've almost contantly got a two-year-old next to me, too. It certainly makes concentrating difficult... I just tend to have to put everything off until he's asleep, which makes progress pretty slow!
They Were Our Gods - a website charting my progress on an upcoming book of the same name, about the UK gaming scene in the 1980s.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Our bugger doesn't believe in sleep really, can be 9:30 before he is actually asleep... :(

I'm being to wonder if adoption of a 4 year old instead of having one naturally from the beginning is the way to go?! ;-)
PaulEMoz
Staffer

Post by PaulEMoz »

Mine's not usually asleep by then, either. He might go to bed at 8:30 and sometimes will still be awake at 11! Not great.
They Were Our Gods - a website charting my progress on an upcoming book of the same name, about the UK gaming scene in the 1980s.
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Mine are now 16 and 18. Don't envy you your 2 year old(s). But teens are just as bad in a different way. Want a lift, want money, moan, groan, grumpy, want money, want money, want a lift somewhere, grumpy, ad infinitum...
PaulEMoz
Staffer

Post by PaulEMoz »

I've got an 11-year-old who's been acting like a moody teenager for about three years!

:shock:
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

Not looking forward to the teenage time; the previous eleven years have had plenty of 'special' moments... :) My six year old having a screaming fit on a rowing boat in the middle of a German lake was particularly bad. The sound of his shrieks echoed from the surrounding mountains for miles around. And all because we wanted him to yield the oars to his brother.

@Andy: Surely it's getting better now? Please tell me it gets better! :D
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Everything under controle here! ;-) 12 & 10

Playing too many computergames while trying to raise a couple of kids at the same time might turn out to be quite a challenge in the end... or? har-har :-)
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

gordon wrote:@Andy: Surely it's getting better now? Please tell me it gets better! :D
Yes, it gets better! But also more expensive, time consuming and emotional in a teenage selfishness kind of way...

...wait a minute. Is that better?

;)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I don't think all of this is helping! :(
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Maybe Gordon could write an eBook on the topic of trying to write eBooks with a young child around...
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

That'd be a very short book, since I couldn't do it. :P I had to wait until they'd all gone to school before I got down to anything serious.

@Iain: it does get easier for a while. :) Apart from the odd tantrum, the ages between 5 and 11 have been relatively pleasant...
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Although I managed to finish Super Mario Galaxy somewhere in between...

and the WindWaker (three times) come to think of it and...

...I see some excuses coming up now, from a couple of future juvenile offenders, hehe :wink:
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.