The Def Guide to Zzap!64
http://www.zzap64.co.uk/zzap-rrap/

ZZap wages?
http://www.zzap64.co.uk/zzap-rrap/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=433
Page 3 of 4

Author:  gordon [ Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'm in Retro Gamer next issue... :)

Author:  Lloyd Mangram [ Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

gordon wrote:
I'm in Retro Gamer next issue... :)


How much did you pay to be in it? :wink:

Author:  gordon [ Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mr.Zzapback wrote:
gordon wrote:
I'm in Retro Gamer next issue... :)


How much did you pay to be in it? :wink:


Oi! Watch it... ;) Though given what people are saying about RG's wages, it's a fair comment. :) I know Craig had a ton of good ideas which he submitted to them, but they turned them down as no good, and yet some have quite coincidentally appeared in the magazine since.

Author:  Randy [ Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

There's pay to be had in retro?

I REALLY should get more involved....

Author:  Lloyd Mangram [ Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

Randy wrote:
There's pay to be had in retro?

I REALLY should get more involved....


RETRO pays itself backwards, err sometime :?:

Author:  Randy [ Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

Who worked for Newsfield btw?

Cos there's an awful lot of people who seem to know what they're talking about.

Commodore Force really doesn't count.

I'm sorry, but if you're going to get me involved, don't even try with Commodore Force.

It was a joke mag, surely.

Author:  gordon [ Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

Randy wrote:
Who worked for Newsfield btw?

I did. And my wife.

Author:  PaulEMoz [ Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

Randy wrote:
Who worked for Newsfield btw?

Cos there's an awful lot of people who seem to know what they're talking about.


Half of us are just internet stalkers. :)

Author:  Randy [ Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

gordon wrote:
Randy wrote:
Who worked for Newsfield btw?

I did. And my wife.


Gordon, you and your wife WERE that bloody magazine at the time.

Modesty gets you nowhere.

Except a special place in peoples' hearts. :D

Author:  gordon [ Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

:) Why, you fruitsome lovely chappie. You've made me forget losing that £10 note in Oxford today.

Oh...

Author:  Lloyd Mangram [ Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:06 am ]
Post subject: 

PaulEMoz wrote:
Randy wrote:
Who worked for Newsfield btw?

Cos there's an awful lot of people who seem to know what they're talking about.


Half of us are just internet stalkers. :)


Yeah, indeed. :D
And when we know where you live, we wanna come and visit you Randy, and have a group-hug. :twisted: 8) :wink:

Author:  Professor Brian Strain [ Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

Randy wrote:
Who worked for Newsfield btw?

Cos there's an awful lot of people who seem to know what they're talking about.

Commodore Force really doesn't count.

I'm sorry, but if you're going to get me involved, don't even try with Commodore Force.

It was a joke mag, surely.


COMMODORE FORCE INCORPORATING ZZAP! 64

And don't you forget it!

Author:  CraigGrannell [ Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

In my opinion, Commodore Force did pretty well with what was available, and was certainly better than some of the later Zzap!64s.

Author:  Iain [ Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

CraigGrannell wrote:
In my opinion, Commodore Force did pretty well with what was available, and was certainly better than some of the later Zzap!64s.


I agree, the last few "real" Zzap's were pretty poor, the period of Whiplash etc. being the mag's lowest period. I kinda liked Commodore Force, even if most of the mag was taken up with Tips and articles like "All time 53 Top Games Beginning with the Letter Z" ;-)

Author:  LeeT [ Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

By the time ZZAP! changed over to 'Force, I had stopped using my C64 mostly - In fact I only really continued buying the mag out of loyalty, and trying out the covertapes (which were excellent for the first few issues).

Page 3 of 4 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/