Another link, the irony is very strong here!

Everything else not related to emulation
Iain
Admin

Another link, the irony is very strong here!

Post by Iain »

from memepool again, I'm normally not into posting links but this is too good and bad not to.

Guy writes an article about how the government telling him to wear a seatbeat is an attack on his rights blah blah.

Same guy is killed a couple of months later in an accident, not wearing a seatbeat. The other two people in the car were and survived.

It's bad to think this is funny, but it's just so ironic!
PaulEMoz
Staffer

Post by PaulEMoz »

You know what, living in America as I do, there are loads of people here who think just like that, and state very loudly that they should have the right to do whatever they want, and nobody will tell them what to do, especially when it comes to wearing a seatbelt. I think I'm going to post this on a few message boards....
They Were Our Gods - a website charting my progress on an upcoming book of the same name, about the UK gaming scene in the 1980s.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

It seems crazy alright, seatbelts obviously save lifes and reduce injuries, that's been proved since the 50's or so.

And even if the person doesn't have respect for their own life, what about other people in the front seats. Not wearing a seatbelt also increases health costs (more injuries etc. to clean up) and puts insurance up as well.

Some Americans are really stupid (same as everywhere I guess) but they'll bitch and moan about lack of rights regarding having to wear seatbelts, but don't care about abuses due to the Patriot Act etc.

Em, this message should really belong on my http://www.theyfuckyouatthedrivethru.com site! :)