Need help for a wedding present

Everything else not related to emulation
SLF
Freelancer

Need help for a wedding present

Post by SLF »

A couple of my friends are going to marry next weekend and one idea we had for a present was to buy them a PS2 with some games.

They're normally not into games, but around Xmas they spent an entire afternoon at a common friend's place and had much fun playing Silent Hill.

I guess it could be nice to get some adventures for them to play together, and some nice 2player games (such as Bubble Bobble... does it exist?).

Consider that the games should appeal also the wife, not only the husband :wink: .

Since I know nothing about modern gaming in general and PS2 in particular, which games would you suggest?

Thanks in advance :)
My top games: 1.Hawkeye, 2.Delta, 3.Creatures 2, 4.Armalyte, 5.Bubble Bobble, 6.Uridium, 7.Ikari Warriors, 8.Bionic Commando, 9.Buggy Boy, 10.Archon.
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Hi SLF.
Nice idea, when my brother married I gave him a full C64 set, after challenging him for the 10.000 meters (decathlon). Ouch! :D

Personally, and if I were you, I'd really consider it, I'd give a Nintendo Gamecube away. First it's cheaper, second it has a lot more 'fun for the family (including housewifes) games' and, obviously Nintendo needs all the support in the battle against 'big bad sony'. :wink:
Buy them Donkey Konga with the Konga's and or/ Super Monkey Ball 1 or 2 and they'll have the (gaming) time of their life.
There's also enough 'serious' titles for the Cube.

Just a thought! 8)
Ta!

Rob
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.