Not enough songs in adverts anymore!

Everything else not related to emulation
alexhighnumber
Freelancer

Not enough songs in adverts anymore!

Post by alexhighnumber »

Remember all the song & dance routines you used to get in the 80's - why did that seem to die out by the 90's? Nowadays it's often all nice and slick but I like cheesey - I mean they just wouldn't even consider marketing bran flakes as "Tastey, Tastey, Very, Very, Tastey - They're very tastey" or the roly polies singing about "Diet Vimto Sugar Free - Gotcha, Gotcha" nowadays would they :wink:
gordon
Director

Re: Not enough songs in adverts anymore!

Post by gordon »

alexhighnumber wrote:Remember all the song & dance routines you used to get in the 80's - why did that seem to die out by the 90's? Nowadays it's often all nice and slick but I like cheesey - I mean they just wouldn't even consider marketing bran flakes as "Tastey, Tastey, Very, Very, Tastey - They're very tastey" or the roly polies singing about "Diet Vimto Sugar Free - Gotcha, Gotcha" nowadays would they :wink:
The one I always remember is that peculiar Fruit and Fibre one (I think) featuring twins stuffing their faces with F&F to the lyrics "We're very much alike me and my brother / Sometimes it's hard to tell one from the other..." and continuing in the same shit vein.

Frankly, I'm glad that kind of thing isn't around anymore. I've got enough junk in my head as it is. :)

g.
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Hey GOrdon!
I though you were on vacation?
Glad you're posting though, it's a bit too quite over here this whole week, I had to fight the urge of replying to my own posts :roll:
I'll never make the 100 this way...(I know I'm a sad git :wink: )

Talking about 'junk in you're head', I really wish there was some memory erasing button thingie somewhere on my body to get rid of all that.
(I don't wanna think about what would be a proper place to have something like that :shock: )
But it would be really neat to have something like that and be able to select this & that memory and ..click..swooosh...there it goes! Byeeee!

There is a risk though, thinking about all the stuff I flushed *by accident* through the recycle bin on my desktop...uh-oh!
If that would happen in real life!
Wooops!
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.