Bombs in London

Everything else not related to emulation
Iain
Admin

Bombs in London

Post by Iain »

Pretty fucked up. I'm looking at the news now and there have been bombs on many central London uses and on tubes.

Is it the work of cyco anti capitalists because of the G8 or an terriost attack?

Go to bbc news for more info.
Ian Osborne
Staffer

Re: Bombs in London

Post by Ian Osborne »

Iain wrote:Is it the work of cyco anti capitalists because of the G8 or an terriost attack?
'Or'?
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

From the latest news, it seems that it is al-quaeda (sic) :(
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well when I say terrorist, I mean al quida (?), although obviously whoever did it is a terrorist.

They still seems to be going on about power surges though, can't quite see how that would make a bus blow up!!...
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

The power surges are in relation to the Tube incidents and it could have been coincidence that they occurred around the same time as the bus bombings. As for al-Qaeda, who knows? It's hardly a shock that some have leapt to that conclusion and I bet Blair and Clarke have mixed feelings about today's events, because they're sure to make it a piece of piss to force through the ID cards bill.
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

But what's it gonna matter if the people who did this are British citizens and have been living here all their lives? Answer: nothing.

You only have to think of Timothy McVeigh and the Unabomber to know that threats can be from your own citizens...
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Just been an update that there's a statement on the Al Qaueda website, claiming responsibility.

Sure will be easier to push through all that privacy busting laws now alright :(
Fiery Phoenix
Sub Editor

Post by Fiery Phoenix »

Annoys me that they will try and push the iD cards through on the terrorism card.

Madrid had ID cards - they got attacked.

USA has a tough Visa system, the 9/11 hijackers were all on Student Visa's

We need to spend more money on border controls and vetting the people we are letting into the country
Fave Game: Thrust
Fave Music: Ocean Loader (original)

Discuss & view C64 endings here:

http://www.c64endings.co.uk./
So Long Ago
Freelancer

Post by So Long Ago »

CraigGrannell wrote:I bet Blair and Clarke have mixed feelings about today's events
You can't be serious. I don't believe for one second they have mixed feelings about today. I'm sure that they are totally and utterly horrified about what has happened
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

My point was that I'm sure there was a glimmer in there that was thinking "politics". Subsequent speeches in the Commons seems to suggest that was the case. Perhaps 99.9 per cent of them thought "f——", but it's that 0.01 per cent that should also be thinking "f——" but wasn't is the thing I'm talking about—not some politician jumping for joy and having to compose him/herself.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

It's all about politics, do you think that when the planes crashed into the twin towers, there wasn't a thought in Bush's or his neo-cons head about how now they could go after Saddam and Iraq?

I wouldn't go as far as the theory that it was all organised by the CIA etc. But people in power, aren't there because they were super nice, honest, caring people :(
So Long Ago
Freelancer

Post by So Long Ago »

CraigGrannell wrote:My point was that I'm sure there was a glimmer in there that was thinking "politics". Subsequent speeches in the Commons seems to suggest that was the case. Perhaps 99.9 per cent of them thought "f——", but it's that 0.01 per cent that should also be thinking "f——" but wasn't is the thing I'm talking about—not some politician jumping for joy and having to compose him/herself.
but Craig you weren't talking about politicians in general you named two specifically. Neither of which I feel have been trying to make political capital out of this.
Iain wrote:It's all about politics, do you think that when the planes crashed into the twin towers, there wasn't a thought in Bush's or his neo-cons head about how now they could go after Saddam and Iraq?(
In the immediate aftermath no
So Long Ago
Freelancer

Post by So Long Ago »

that's no different to what he was saying prior to the attacks so it hardly rates as trying to make political capital or being in two minds about the attacks as you suggested he was

Also he wasn't making a statement he was replying to a specific question asked to him by a journalist - what was he supposed to do not answer?
gravy
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by gravy »

CraigGrannell wrote:My point was that I'm sure there was a glimmer in there that was thinking "politics". Subsequent speeches in the Commons seems to suggest that was the case. Perhaps 99.9 per cent of them thought "f——", but it's that 0.01 per cent that should also be thinking "f——" but wasn't is the thing I'm talking about—not some politician jumping for joy and having to compose him/herself.
Er.. is this the worldofstuart forum?