C64 on 32" TV!

Everything else C64 related
Iain
Admin

C64 on 32" TV!

Post by Iain »

Check it out for some cool geekiness!

My old Laptop being a file server to my C64 which is being displayed on my big Philips 32" TV.

p.s. just realised my original C128 (back in Ireland) must have had an original SID chip, since I can barely hear the samples on this C64. Makes me love my C128 even more now!!
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

You're REALLY proud of your new telly, aren't you Iain? :)
The 'laptop being fileserver' part is interesting, how do you do that?
Btw, do you play your ol' c64 games with a dreamcast controller? :wink:
Ta!
Rob
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Ant
Sub Editor

Post by Ant »

Now that is one sweet looking rig!

Makes me just want to rush out and buy a big screen TV just for the old breadbox.

And I second Jim's question about the file server.
"Isn't this where ... we came in?"
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well I had a x1541 (or some variant) lead, which I used to connect up my 1541 and C2N to the PC to transfer over stuff, but it can also work the other way so I found a program called Server64 for the PC and it emulates the 1541 so the C64 thinks it's talking to a real one. It's not perfect but at least you can get some stuff loaded up with it.

I actually had used my AMiga 1200 for a C64 file server many years ago. Quite nice having the C64 as the master and a PC or Amiga as a mere slave file server! :)

p.s. Nope, the dreamcast controller is for my Dreamcast, the C64 I got comes with a crappy non micro switched joystick, but thankfully I have plenty of COmp. Pro joysticks back in Ireland.