What's up with the LLamasoft website?

Everything else C64 related
PaulEMoz
Staffer

What's up with the LLamasoft website?

Post by PaulEMoz »

Anyone know? I've been trying to access it for two days with no luck. Maybe I'm using an outdated link, because I haven't got the modern one, but is anyone else (Gordon?) having problems?
They Were Our Gods - a website charting my progress on an upcoming book of the same name, about the UK gaming scene in the 1980s.
gordon
Director

Re: What's up with the LLamasoft website?

Post by gordon »

PaulEMoz wrote:Anyone know? I've been trying to access it for two days with no luck. Maybe I'm using an outdated link, because I haven't got the modern one, but is anyone else (Gordon?) having problems?
I think there *is* some problem with the main Llamasoft website -- I remember reading a discussion on the boards (it pissed a few people off). But you can still get to the Llamaforums using this link:

http://smokey.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/~l ... /index.php

g.
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

The rerouter done on the main website is up the shaft at the moment, so it is not pointing to where it should be. The forums are still fine though, follow the link Gordo put...
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
PaulEMoz
Staffer

Post by PaulEMoz »

Champion, that's what I was after. I didn't have that particular link.

Ta very much! :D
They Were Our Gods - a website charting my progress on an upcoming book of the same name, about the UK gaming scene in the 1980s.
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

Things have been sorted out for now, so the main site is back online...
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

wow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Wow boys,
I've been there and signed up, but oh boy, what a mess!
I can't seem to find my way thru all threads & posts over there.
I just wanted to participate in the compo, but there SO MUCH going on!
Everything's blinking and flickering, aaargh my eyes!
Even the FAQ was too much for my pea sized brain!
:D
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
gordon
Director

Re: wow

Post by gordon »

biggestjim wrote:Wow boys,
I've been there and signed up, but oh boy, what a mess!
I can't seem to find my way thru all threads & posts over there.
I just wanted to participate in the compo, but there SO MUCH going on!
Everything's blinking and flickering, aaargh my eyes!
Even the FAQ was too much for my pea sized brain!
Hi BJ

If you want to take part in the Lleague games, go to the We are... The Lleague! Forum at http://smokey.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/~l ... m.php?f=24 and then look for topics headed "Llamasoft Lleague - Season x - game x", and that will tell you what kind of games get played.

It sounds more complicated than it is: basically, if you want to play, there are ten retro games in every season, and one game is randomly chosen each week from a list nominated mostly by visitors to the site. Weeks run from Sunday to Sunday, and the highest score you get in that period determines what position you achieve in the table. Oh, and the only other rule is that Sickboy wins (sorry Mayhem :oops: , I know you're slaughtering him this week).

And that's it. It's a lot of fun, not just because you get to play the odd C64 classic now and then (IK+ is this week's choice), but also because there are lots of games on other formats, including a whole bunch of old and classic arcade games. Some you hate (Elevator Action drove me nuts), and some you learn to love: I never realised how good a game Berzerk was, for example, until I'd slaved away for a measly few points during one of the weeks last season. And the Galaxian challenge a week or so ago was just so frustratingly addictive.

Anyhow, come along if you fancy it. They're a *very* friendly bunch of people, and would be happy to see you (and anyone else who's interested) join.

g.

And, btw, the other Llamaforums are well worth a look, too -- particularly the Bleatings one -- http://smokey.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/~l ... um.php?f=2 -- which always has some interesting and lively discussions every day.

g.
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Hey Gordon, thanx.
I'll go and play some IK+ on my c64, see if I'm any good at it.
Since I don't play it on emu...(wait, I gotta change some poopy dipers over 'ere...)....can I send in digital pix? (I mean from the higshcore table, that is :wink: )

Rob
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

biggestjim wrote:....can I send in digital pix? (I mean from the higshcore table, that is :wink: )
Yep, no problem with that -- Jeff Minter did the same with Galaxian last week.

g.
Videogame Guru
Techno Teaboy

Post by Videogame Guru »

I am currently unbeaten at Iridis Alpha ;)

George
Coming to a monitor near you soon - www.c64coder.com

Playing videogames since 1982. Serving the videogames industry since 1986.

LDA#$0E
LDX#$06
LDY#$00
STA$D020
STX$D021
STY$D015
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

Videogame Guru wrote:I am currently unbeaten at Iridis Alpha ;) George
Then come and join the Lleague! :) (unless you already have, under a different alias). It's fun -- and from next season there'll be two divisions. (Being crap, I'll be stuck in the second.)

g.