Stop the press! Stop the press!

Everything else C64 related
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Stop the press! Stop the press!

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Breaking news!
The following article (hopelessly translated by me, but hey: you try to translate English in readable Dutch :wink: ) was in a major Dutch newspaper last saturday (12 Juli 2003):

"TULIP REVIVES THE COMMODORE"
Computer manufacturer Tulip is working on the comeback of the Commodore 64, the Nestor of the first Personal Computers.
Tulip wants to launch the computer again worldwide.
The company made an agreement with Ironstone partners. The computer won't return in it's old form. Ironstone is going to produce software for Tulip to turn existing PC's into Commodores. Tulip is the owner of the trademark 'commodore'. Tulip says that 6 million people worldwide are still using Commodore computers. The computer manufacturer has conficence in a REVIVAL of Commodore products "because it's still one of the most powerful names in the industry" says a Tulip spokesman.
Computer-enthusiasts are also able to play old Commodore games again.
Ironstone's also building a website for Commodore fans. The more or less 300 commercial websites that already are using the 'Commodore' trademark will be tackled by Tulip."

Well, friends, isn't THIS an eyeopener! :D
Computer-enthusiasts are also able to play old Commodore games again.
WOW!!! It's a miracle! 8)

It all sounds pretty funny to me!

Rob
(I'll post this also on Lemon, if it isn't being discusses already :shock: )
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Oh dear!
Sorry guys, just hopped to Lemon, and it's already a thread 8 pages LOOOOONG! :oops:
Well, I thought I HAD something interesting here :)

See, since the new zzaprrap board I stopped visiting Lemon regularly...
Tssk, tsk...
Well, I'm off now...

mumble, mumble
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

biggestjim wrote:See, since the new zzaprrap board I stopped visiting Lemon regularly...
Tssk, tsk...
You're lucky you can even visit it -- my IP won't let me access the Lemon URL (along with Amazon UK and all Geocities sites -- I have no idea why). So for me this was a useful and interesting piece of news... :)

g.
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

Basically the original news came from Tulip - Thats the one stating that they will be tackling C64 sites that don't go throught their 'official' portal.
Now though their partners Ironstone seem to be (hopefully) backing down and asking people to send in suggestions for their C64 site. Maybe they have realised that its gonna be pretty hard to police over 300 C64 sites?!
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
PaulEMoz
Staffer

Post by PaulEMoz »

gordon wrote: You're lucky you can even visit it -- my IP won't let me access the Lemon URL (along with Amazon UK and all Geocities sites -- I have no idea why). So for me this was a useful and interesting piece of news... :)

g.
That's a shame - you can't visit my site! :lol:
They Were Our Gods - a website charting my progress on an upcoming book of the same name, about the UK gaming scene in the 1980s.
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

PaulEMoz wrote:That's a shame - you can't visit my site! :lol:
I know -- I tried :(

g.
PaulEMoz
Staffer

Post by PaulEMoz »

Well, I know people hate GeoCities, but I wouldn't have thought an IP would hate them so much that it would bar you from visiting! :lol: Even an ISP would have to have a real grudge to do that!

Oh well, hopefully I'll get alternative hosting soon, then you'll be able to visit all you like....hehe!
They Were Our Gods - a website charting my progress on an upcoming book of the same name, about the UK gaming scene in the 1980s.