brian_dead
Freelancer

Post by brian_dead »

If only I had been told earlier :roll:

is there anything later on in the year?
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

I`ll be in Croydon at the Jurys Inn hotel on friday for the pub crawl in the evening with my good m8 Darren Izzard on the train from Tunbridge Wells (Br actually do a direct link over the old Redhill Line so should be an interesting journey , sorry gone all Fred Dibnah Rest his soul).
Will be around all day Saturday with a few Dvd`s, hopefully my xbox on my m8`s stand doing various emulators. See you there! :wink:
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
PeeknPoke
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by PeeknPoke »

my legs are goosed so I cannot attend (although thanks to Mort for kind offers!)

Lee
Visit Lee's PeeknPoke for classic gaming then cry into your beer.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

And what would "goosed" be when it's at home? ?-)
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Poor ol' Lee got badly sunburnt on his recent trip to Wales...

Mort, good buddy, any chance of a set of Gamebase v3 CDs?
PeeknPoke
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by PeeknPoke »

Professor Brian Strain wrote:Poor ol' Lee got badly sunburnt on his recent trip to Wales...
Indeed, I am goosed :) - think I had a few too many painkillers when I wrote that

Lee
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

"goosed" here at least means giving someone's arse a cheeky squeeze :shock: :lol:

So I was rather surprised to see Lee use it in reference to his legs ;)
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
dabbler
Techno Teaboy

Post by dabbler »

What an absolute let down, I paid 22.75 for two tickets to a bloody jumble sale. We were there from 10am to 2:30 and what a painful time it was - all price's were outragous, the "band" (if you can call them that) were bloody awful.

I said this to the organiser as well. I cannot beleive what a total waste of time and money this was, talk about a complete joke.
PeeknPoke
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by PeeknPoke »

dabbler wrote:What an absolute let down, I paid 22.75 for two tickets to a bloody jumble sale. We were there from 10am to 2:30 and what a painful time it was - all price's were outragous, the "band" (if you can call them that) were bloody awful.

I said this to the organiser as well. I cannot beleive what a total waste of time and money this was, talk about a complete joke.
thats a shame.
Where there no arcade games to play? and what was on sale and what were the prices?

Lee
dabbler
Techno Teaboy

Post by dabbler »

PeeknPoke wrote:
dabbler wrote:What an absolute let down, I paid 22.75 for two tickets to a bloody jumble sale. We were there from 10am to 2:30 and what a painful time it was - all price's were outragous, the "band" (if you can call them that) were bloody awful.

thats a shame.
Where there no arcade games to play? and what was on sale and what were the prices?

Lee
There were a few, but for the majority of the time sealed off to the public for competitions for most of the day.

For example on price's, a gamecube with 1 game was £60! C64's all above £30 with no extras and in not great condition. Most of the consoles/pc's for sale were in "bootfair" condition but five times the price!

On another note - i only found one C64 connected up and running!

I got bored and went shopping with a mate in croydon - picked up a gamecube as new with games and controller for £34!

Its a shame...
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

Over at another forum, someone posted that they got two C64's for a tenner (one with a key missing).

I would have liked to have gone to this but we are visiting relatives next weekend, and I couldn't afford to pay for trains and accomodation (all the way from the North-East), as well as some spending money (as I would have been p___ off if I saw something and didn't have cash!).

Did none of the promised celebrities attend (Matthew Smith and others)? I'm sure quite a few people from the different forums had their own stands with retro machines set-up.
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
dabbler
Techno Teaboy

Post by dabbler »

LeeT wrote:Over at another forum, someone posted that they got two C64's for a tenner (one with a key missing).

I would have liked to have gone to this but we are visiting relatives next weekend, and I couldn't afford to pay for trains and accomodation (all the way from the North-East), as well as some spending money (as I would have been p___ off if I saw something and didn't have cash!).

Did none of the promised celebrities attend (Matthew Smith and others)? I'm sure quite a few people from the different forums had their own stands with retro machines set-up.
When I spoke to Chris who organised it - he said "if they turn up" that was at 2pm so i guess there were some troubles organising it.

As for the C64's for a tenner - who wants one with keys missing? Better off using ebay or boot fairs!

Oh and some of the stands were interesting and very nice people too, but It was very squashed and not much space at all! It could have been set up a lot better, maybe a bigger room or even using a church hall would have been more suitable and a lot cheaper id think.
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

When I spoke to Chris who organised it - he said "if they turn up" that was at 2pm so i guess there were some troubles organising it.
That does seem a bit lax for a professionally organsied event - If I had gone to the trouble of organising something on that scale and using 'names' to sell the event, I would have asked the 'celebs' to sign a contract to make sure they would attend (presuming Chris was paying them for coming?). I know that some of the ex-Ocean programmers were supposed to be going but changed their minds at the last minute, but they were only going casually, I think (ie not contracted to do so).

Did Chris seem disappointed by the day?
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
dabbler
Techno Teaboy

Post by dabbler »

Well I dont really know him at all, but he seemed stressed that I brought a few points up.