Educational!

Everything else C64 related
monkey010101
Freelancer

Educational!

Post by monkey010101 »

Its confessional time. Who persuaded their parents to get them a C64 on the basis that it was educational and would help with the homework :)
Last edited by monkey010101 on Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sixteen Plus
Sub Editor

Re: Educational!

Post by Sixteen Plus »

not i...at the time i had a paper-round (well i was 14) and my plan was that i would order it from my grans catalogue and i'd pay it off weekly, it costed about £200...and i got sent the wrong C64 pack.

instead of the light fantastic pack (or whatever it was) i recieved one with three old commodore cartridge games, Lazarian, some boat/sub game which required a paddle (paddle not included) and a crappy educational one about our solar system...so i immediately went out and bought kikstart 2, fine choice...my nan complained to the catalogue and they waived the rest of the payments, so in the end i only paid about £20 for it...not bad.

but i'm reckoning that she actually paid the rest off for me :)
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

"We bought it to help with your homework" :D

Seriously, I did use my C64 to help with homework. And I normally did my homework before I went on the computer. Until 1990 (the year before I left school) I didn't have the C64 set up permanently, which meant it took longer to get set up and play a game or two. So most of my playing was done at weekends.

I even wrote my C-Force columns on my C64...
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Baz wrote:my nan complained to the catalogue and they waived the rest of the payments, so in the end i only paid about £20 for it...not bad.
but i'm reckoning that she actually paid the rest off for me :)
I was going to say that was great, but then I read the last line so maybe your gran was the great one! Still, either way, a sweet deal for yourself.

I got my C128 as a great Christmas present, since my mate had a C64 and I had wanted one for the previous 3 or more years. I don't think the C64 or C64C were available when I went shopping for one, so that's how I ended up with the C128 but I didn't mind, the keyboard was much nicer! :)
Sixteen Plus
Sub Editor

Post by Sixteen Plus »

yeah, thanks she was, kinda doubled up as a second mum, them moments are still quite tangible :wink:

and at that point (1988) i was the only one i knew who had a C64, or should i say C64C which it was...everyone else i knew still seemed to have their C16 or Plus4...about 3-4 of which i knew about.