Lemon64

Everything else C64 related
Ant
Sub Editor

Post by Ant »

Well, spend a bit of time away and Craig goes and gets himself a new avatar. Very nice it is, too!

Back on topic, good to see Lemon's up and running. Kim was about due for one of his 'downtime' stints but they rarely last long. The man's a legend.
"Isn't this where ... we came in?"
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Ant wrote:Well, spend a bit of time away and Craig goes and gets himself a new avatar. Very nice it is, too!
It's not my work, though — Markie takes the credit for it! (Well, apart from the little critter from Creatures.)
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

CraigGrannell wrote: (Well, apart from the little critter from Creatures.)
Ah, I thought it was some sort of unrecognizable taxi-cab, duh! :shock:
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Roger Frames
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Roger Frames »

Hey LeeT, could you enlighten us about what happened exactly ? From what I got Jeroen banned this Idigital guy and then *this* happened ? 2 moderators giving up and stuff ?
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

Roger Frames wrote:Hey LeeT, could you enlighten us about what happened exactly ? From what I got Jeroen banned this Idigital guy and then *this* happened ? 2 moderators giving up and stuff ?
If you check the 'General' section of the Lemon64 forums, Kim has provided a thread to talk about what happened and where we are going in the future.

As I said earlier, I'm not going to say *who* did *what* (as these forums can be read by the people concerned) and I don't want a repeat of the trouble. We are now looking towards the future.
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
Roger Frames
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Roger Frames »

Oh come on, I mean this is getting worse by the minute. Yet everyone clings to this politically-correct attitude of not naming people (yet still implying who did what) and at the same time there's still a member who's the definition of flaming idiot (oh there I go, I didn't mention any names either).
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Roger, just let it go. It happened. The site's back up. Raking over old troubles is only going to provoke more problems...
Roger Frames
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Roger Frames »

But as you see Merman it continues, and against all common sense the flaming is largely "legalised" now.
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

tbh, I agree with Roger. If someone at the start of this thread had just given a concise run-down of what had happened, who had said what, why things had turned nasty, it wouldn't have made me add fuel to the fire, it would have just made me think "Oh, OK, well I'm sure it'll be sorted out". But with every request for info here being met with a we-know-but-we're-not-telling attitude, it became a little annoying, particularly when the forum was down. We're all grown-ups here, after all, and grown-ups are allowed to row and make up. :)

Anyhow, I'm off to Lemon to see if I can find out for myself what it was all about. Bollocks to all you secret-keepers. ;)
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

To clarify, the reason I didn't name the people concerned was that it just gives them more publicity (plus if they use a search engine, see their name here and join this forum, then heaven help us!) plus it's not really that important who was doing the trouble.

Luckily the mood is now a lot lighter again at Lemon64 - There is a mod team in place who want to be helpful for both beginners and coders, and less strict guidelines are in place.
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
Roger Frames
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Roger Frames »

CraigGrannell wrote:
Ant wrote:Well, spend a bit of time away and Craig goes and gets himself a new avatar. Very nice it is, too!
It's not my work, though — Markie takes the credit for it! (Well, apart from the little critter from Creatures.)
Hey man, tell him to draw some more wacky caricatures, these make all of you (Retro Gamers) look like manic depressives.
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

Guess I'll have to wait and see what he makes of my ugly mug then :P
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
Sixteen Plus
Sub Editor

Post by Sixteen Plus »

Roger Frames wrote:Hey man, tell him to draw some more wacky caricatures, these make all of you (Retro Gamers) look like manic depressives.
i thought they already were!!! well the stressy ones anyway.

they must be, otherwise why do they stress over these daft retro debates??? it's nerdish. after all, it is only a micro-computer :oops:

i say laugh it off and forget the nerds who can't (maybe have a battle category just for them for our amusement) and the rest of us just continue enjoying to share the gaming memories in peace.
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Baz wrote:
Roger Frames wrote:Hey man, tell him to draw some more wacky caricatures, these make all of you (Retro Gamers) look like manic depressives.
i thought they already were!!! well the stressy ones anyway.

they must be, otherwise why do they stress over these daft retro debates??? it's nerdish. after all, it is only a micro-computer :oops:

i say laugh it off and forget the nerds who can't (maybe have a battle category just for them for our amusement) and the rest of us just continue enjoying to share the gaming memories in peace.
You'd be stressed if you weren't paid for work you'd already done...
Sixteen Plus
Sub Editor

Post by Sixteen Plus »

Professor Brian Strain wrote:You'd be stressed if you weren't paid for work you'd already done...
oh...well that's slightly different, i guess i would be to, so i'm saying no more :oops: