C64 music event, London, 22nd June

Everything else C64 related
Ian Osborne
Staffer

C64 music event, London, 22nd June

Post by Ian Osborne »

I just spotted this on a games journalism press site (press release copied and pasted):

Maniacs of Noise Live spearhead return of legendary retro event

"Back in Time Live"

Friday 22nd June sees a triumphant encore of the C64 remix event "Back in Time Live", this at the Spitz Bistro in Spitalfields Market, Bishopsgate.

Featuring 6 live acts including:

Jeroen Tel (Maniacs of Noise), famed C64 composer (Cybernoid, Turbo Outrun, Savage) and well-known European VJ with old school chip music fused with nail-hard beats!

Reyn Ouwehand (Maniacs of Noise), composer of "Last Ninja 3" (amongst others) gives a tour-de-force of live performance, playing C64 remixes on organ, bass, drum and keyboard: all by himself! Reyn is also launching his new CD "The Blithe, the Blend and the Bizarre", which is topped off by amazing Gilliam-esque artwork.

Seth "8-bit Weapon" Sternberger, all the way from LA, playing his SIDstation and Gameboy and demonstrating his unique blend of chipsounds and diverse rhythms.

ComputeHer, also from LA, demonstrating her old-skool original sound...

Disco Danceaway, fusing funk and disco beats to C64 SIDs in the name of all that is funky...

and a guest appearance from MJ Hibbett, author of "Hey Hey 16K", "The Gay Train/Lesson of the Smiths" and many more, performing his new hit: "Hey Hey 64K"

Also appearing... comedienne and star of the "8-Bit Sandwich" video podcast, Anna Black.

In addition, there will be humorous C64 breakdance, air guitar and interpretive dance contests: and, we hope, no injuries!

In common with other Back in Time Live events, there is a "minimal nerdity" undertaking by the organisers, who promise maximal fun, great music, and a great time you'll probably remember for years.

Tickets are available from http://www.c64audio.com/productInfo.php?cat=BITLIVE2007 for a tenner.
Doors open 7pm, and tickets will be available on the door, subject to availability (you are advised to book in advance).

About Back in Time Live

Back in Time Live is an event created by Chris Abbott and Jason Mackenzie in 2001 designed to bring remixes of Commodore 64 chipmusic into a club setting. The first event was the biggest musical reunion ever held of composers from the 8-bit era, reunited old friends, and even changing lives!

From 2002 the event began to pioneer acts who would perform Commodore 64 music live, culminating in groundbreaking concerts in venues as diverse as "Gossips" in Soho, Baxter's Gallery in Clerkenwell, the Brighton Centre and St. Luke's LSO (which resulted in a DVD).

Now in its sixth year, the event goes from strength to strength flying on the wings of the continuing enthusiasm for Commodore 64 music in all its forms.

About C64Audio.com (http://www.c64audio.com)

Formed in 1996, and punching well above its weight, C64Audio.com is the publisher and record label for many of the big names of the 8-bit era, and home of the legendary "Back in Time" series of C64 CDs. Recently it has expanded to cover DRM-free digital download purchases, and a unique business model that's nicer to the customer than any other system in existence!

For further details, contact Chris Abbott on +44 208 464 2295, chris@c64audio.com.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Wow, didn't even realise this was on! Although I think I might be SID music maxed out at this stage but the meet ups beforehand are great!

My next trip to London is in August for a Prince concert so no going Back in Time for me. :)
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Already got my ticket, gonna be a great night...
Ian Osborne
Staffer

Post by Ian Osborne »

Iain wrote:My next trip to London is in August for a Prince concert so no going Back in Time for me. :)
I'd say Prince was fairly retro! ;)
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Especially when you try to party like it's 1999. :D *

*not that he's going to play it, but ok.
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Mr.Zzapback wrote:Especially when you try to party like it's 1999. :D *

*not that he's going to play it, but ok.
Well he appears to have come out with sweeping statements* like that over the years and doesn't always stick to them, so you never know :)

* He said after he played it at the end of 1999 (the year!) he'd never play it again.
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

He's sticking to that promise for 7,8 years now so I wouldn't hold my breath. Hehe.

Btw, excellent news about BITLive, I've been to two of 'm, but Í cannot make it this time around. Hopefully I can make it to the UK somewhere this year. Maybe even to Ludlow. To regain my crown and throne y'know.
Be prepared!

8)
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Ant
Sub Editor

Post by Ant »

Oneday ...

Whoever's going, make sure you take lots of photos and/or video!

:)
"Isn't this where ... we came in?"