Oli's Artbook & Mort's Scans

Everything else about Zzap
soniq-man
Techno Teaboy

Oli's Artbook & Mort's Scans

Post by soniq-man »

So I finally got around to buying the goodies:

Mort's scan DVD which proved to be so much fun, just "paging" through the old issues got me seriously nostalgic. Perhaps a Mac viewer that makes it easier to page the scans would be nice, but it's fine with the regular Viewer app.

Oli's Art book I just got from Amazon. Boy, this is incredible. I always loved his pics for Zzap! and often found myself looking over to the Crash issues, sometimes even buying one just due to the feel and vibe of the artwork. Those were the days. Anyway, I may even scan one or two artworks and have them framed and hung up in my studio.

Thanks for the memories guys.

Rafael
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Cheers Rafael,
Glad you enjoyed the Dvd and Oli`s Art book is an excellent insight into his work.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the site and their are touched up covers of zzap on Jamcos zzap covers site

http://www.gamestone.co.uk/zzap_world64 ... ine&page=1
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

For anyone who doesn't yet have the Thalamus art book, check out the revamped Thalamus Publishing website, which has the book for direct sale for £7.95 (including UK P&P).
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

That's a very good deal, especially since it seems to include free posting (only to the UK I assume).
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Iain wrote:That's a very good deal, especially since it seems to include free posting (only to the UK I assume).
Yup—UK-only. If people elsewhere want a copy, email Thalamus and they'll say how much more they need to ship the book. According to guys on Retro Gamer who ordered the book, dispatch is extremely prompt and packaging bulletproof.
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

And signed if you ask for it ;)

Nice to have an Oli signature back, always annoyed that the poster I got from a show in the late 80s with a Rockford doodle on it went AWOL.
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!