Query about the Scanned CD thingy...

Everything else about Zzap
Tigerclaw
Techno Teaboy

Query about the Scanned CD thingy...

Post by Tigerclaw »

Hi, I was browsing t'internet and came across this website. I was a big C64 fan as a kid, and whilst I only brought the last few issues of Zzap proper, I owned most, if not all, of the Commodore Force issues. Unfortunately, most (probably all, in fact) of these were thrown away over the years, and only last week I threw out my old C64 from storage and all of my tapes. Unfortunately, post-trashman nostalgia has taken hold of me, and I've started pining for the old magazine (in addition to the Fjords)

So, onto my main question, about the scanned CD/DVD thingie here http://www.zzap64.co.uk/cgi-bin/display ... ay=zzapdvd

Does it really contain the scanned contents (as in every page?) of every issue of Zzap? What about Commodore Force, are the scanned contents of that included as part of it to? Are any issues missing? Does it also contain the games from Reel Action? If so, in what format, which emulator thingie would I need to use?

If it contained most issues of Commodore Force, I'll likely buy it, but would like to know exactly beforehand (the Scotsman in me, no doubt). Sorry if it seems like I'm asking the obvious: I've seen some info on the cover of it which does suggest that it does contain what I'm looking for, but I've had bad experiences in the past with buying stuff of t'net, and thus want to clarify EXACTLY what it contains before I fork out, even if it is only £15...

Thanks in advance.
Nick
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Re: Query about the Scanned CD thingy...

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Hi Nick,
you can order it without hesitation!

E-V-E-R-Y S-I-N-G-L-E P-A-G-E is there! :D
From Zzap!64 issue one, page one to Commodore Force issue 16's back cover!
Plus lots of other stuff thrown in for free, Zzap!64 issue 107, all issues of LM's, all posters, all tape images and lots of other material. The DVD is stuffed.
All in printable/readable resolution!
Thanx to Mort the Scan King! :D

No worries. 8)
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Tigerclaw
Techno Teaboy

Post by Tigerclaw »

Wow, thanks for the prompt response. Looks like I will order it then.

Thanks to the person (Mort I think) who scanned this, a real blast from the past pour moi! :D
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Tigerclaw wrote:Wow, thanks for the prompt response. Looks like I will order it then.

Thanks to the person (Mort I think) who scanned this, a real blast from the past pour moi! :D
You're welcome!
It's a blast from the past indeed! Takes less space too, imagine: instead of piles of magazines you have it all at on one shiny disc! (makes the wife happy too! 8) )
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.