I think I have found my spiritual home!

Everything else about Zzap
Arti
Techno Teaboy

I think I have found my spiritual home!

Post by Arti »

I joined this great forum a week or so ago and just wanted to say hi to everyone.

I, like many of you on here, get all misty eyed when thinking back on memories about Zzap!64 in terms of the magazine and computing era in general.

I discovered Zzap in late 87 not long after getting my very own Commodore 64C (the newer sleeker looking version! lol) I was lucky that my dad was able to get me a second hand 1541 drive along with loads of discs a little while after as well, although I never ended up using the drive much at the time so I sold it (argh!!)

Anyway, Zzap was the only C64 mag I regularly bought because it was so refreshingly different from the competition. I built quite a collection, only for them all to get binned one day without thinking during a clearout (argh!!... again!) by which point I had moved on to the Amiga, my C64C having popped its little silicon clogs.

Years later I did buy a second hand fudge C64 (always liked the look of them more) at which point I really missed being able to enjoy some good nostalgia with my missing Zzap collection.

Fast forward to now and during an 80's nostalgia trawl on the internet I discovered this site!! A bit of browsing later and I ordered the obligatory Zzap scans disc (plus an Amiga one too) from Mr Mort himself last Sunday and am hoping the discs arrive soon as I cannot wait to spend a few hours reminising in the goodness of Zzap :D

Anyway, enough waffling from me, time to do some more browsing of the site.
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Welcome!
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Most welcome, after all these years.
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Indeed. Welcome from me as well, Always good to see new members here.

Hope you enjoy browsing the site, although the navigation etc. is a bit retro in itself these days ;-)
nostalgianerd
Techno Teaboy

Re: I think I have found my spiritual home!

Post by nostalgianerd »

I arrived on the Commodore 64 scene late. So missed much of the Zzap goodness. Usually depositing my hard earnt cash for a copy of Commodore Force or Commodore Format before bailing the commodore scene in favour of Amiga, before they were discontinued,

Thankfully for sites such as this, I can catch up on those lost reading sessions, deep into the night. Although in terms of getting work done, it's probably not a great thing.

Regardless, I'll take it.

Great site, great resource. I fully concur with your excitement!
Iain
Admin

Re: I think I have found my spiritual home!

Post by Iain »

Welcome nostalgianerd, glad you are enjoying the earlier issues now. I start getting Zzap! with issue 41 so when I got the older issues many, many years later, I saw what I had missed out on when the C64 was the top of the pile!