ZZAp 107 and the possibility of 108

Everything else about Zzap
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Nice... All we need is to slap together a few articles and we are good to go! :-D
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Iain wrote:Nice... All we need is to slap together a few articles and we are good to go! :-D
Exactly! 8) :lol: :wink:
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

I like the Martin Walker interview box. That's one thing that absolutely shows the cover up as pure fiction, because, take it from me, Walker is never going to do an interview about his old games.
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

CraigGrannell wrote:I like the Martin Walker interview box. That's one thing that absolutely shows the cover up as pure fiction, because, take it from me, Walker is never going to do an interview about his old games.
Yes, I put in on there as a joke, fully knowing this fact...
Ant
Sub Editor

Post by Ant »

CraigGrannell wrote:I like the Martin Walker interview box. That's one thing that absolutely shows the cover up as pure fiction, because, take it from me, Walker is never going to do an interview about his old games.
I find that such a shame because I think his Citadel Dev Diary is one of my all-time favourite Zzap! articles. Plus he just seems like a nice guy.
"Isn't this where ... we came in?"
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

I understand the trees told him to never talk about gaming anymore?
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Martin was very much a lovely chap when I interviewed him for Retro Gamer. But he's only interested in talking about things for which he still has a passion, which is fair enough. So I (surprisingly) managed to get some Walker goodness into that bloody great SID piece I wrote for the mag, but the chances of us getting a making-of article of Hunter's Moon, say, (and, yes, I did ask) are pretty much nil.
Ant
Sub Editor

Post by Ant »

Yes, I was amazed you managed to get anything out of him, Craig. Good work on the article for Retro Gamer. Actually, all of your articles pretty much rock.
"Isn't this where ... we came in?"
andy vaisey
Director

Re: ZZAp 107 and the possibility of 108

Post by andy vaisey »

Just some more playing around. I used to think this character was brilliant!

Image Deleted - see post below for new image...
Last edited by andy vaisey on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Give us a bigger version of that! It looks very nice.

BTW, you can upload images direct to this site now using the attachment box below the edit box.

I'd prefer to have them on this site, rather than on an external place where they will probably disappear after a year or two.
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Iain wrote:Give us a bigger version of that! It looks very nice.

BTW, you can upload images direct to this site now using the attachment box below the edit box.

I'd prefer to have them on this site, rather than on an external place where they will probably disappear after a year or two.
By request.

Image attachment size limits means reduced quality. The original is obviously higher quality!
chucklarge.jpg
chucklarge.jpg (251.9 KiB) Viewed 78410 times
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Fantastic! Kati couldn't have done better herself.

If reading that intro doesn't get people enthused, nothing will. :)

Does attaching the image to the message impose a maximum width? Makes sense as we don't want an image way better than the forum width, but I'll increase it to 900 or so if I can find the config. Your text is perfectible readable in this case though anyway.

[edit]I Upped the attachment size max from 256 to 320KB. Shouldn't need to be much bigger than that anyway. There didn't seem to be any width and height maximums defined so I changed that to 900px width and around 2000px height.[/edit]
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Iain wrote:Fantastic! Kati couldn't have done better herself. If reading that intro doesn't get people enthused, nothing will. :)
Well, to be honest, I took a lot of cues from Kati's original introduction to Chuck in issue 43. A few sentences/words are copies, but then again, that was the point - to get the right flavour, atmosphere and ape Chucks original replacement of the Harlequin.

Kudos to Kati for bringing the character alive in text.

And as you noticed, there is no height/width limits to image attachments, only file size.
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Double page...
Attachments
chuck_double.jpg
chuck_double.jpg (244.22 KiB) Viewed 78389 times
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

Very nice. :)

But I notice there's no answer to the question: How much vomit could Chuck Vomit chuck if Chuck Vomit could chuck vomit?