Where on Google Maps?

Everything else about Zzap
Taff 64
Ken's Fishy Friend

Where on Google Maps?

Post by Taff 64 »

I was surfing about on Google Maps the other day and was wondering where Zzap towers used to be in Ludlow. Anybody know? Has the building been demolished?

Taff64
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

In Google maps, type in something like 'King Street, Ludlow, SY8'.

If you go into street view and along King Street, look for Barlceys Bank; the ZZAP offices where above the bank and the building next door (which used to be Victoria Wine but in the Google street view photos is an empty retail unit to let).

Also check this:
http://www.zzap64.co.uk/ludlow/index.html
Taff 64
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Taff 64 »

andy vaisey wrote:In Google maps, type in something like 'King Street, Ludlow, SY8'.

If you go into street view and along King Street, look for Barlceys Bank; the ZZAP offices where above the bank and the building next door (which used to be Victoria Wine but in the Google street view photos is an empty retail unit to let).

Also check this:
http://www.zzap64.co.uk/ludlow/index.html
Thanks for that Andy. I didn't realise it was such a small building. I was expecting to see a large mill or industrial unit after them calling it Zzap towers... :D
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Well, a bit later in it's life, Newsfield did move to a mill somewhere, but I don't know where...

Anyone else?
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

If you enter "Ludlow SY8 1JW" into the google maps search bar, you'll more or less get the place. Case Mill, Temeside, Ludlow.

Nice looking place to work. Though I still prefer the ENTIRELY MASSIVE BUILDING we used to work in in the centre. ;)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

gordon wrote:Though I still prefer the ENTIRELY MASSIVE BUILDING we used to work in in the centre. ;)
Well with the easy source of crisps and biscuits and beer underneath it, who wouldn't?! ;-)
Taff 64
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Taff 64 »

Haha cool guys. Thanks for the info... :wink:
So Long Ago
Freelancer

Post by So Long Ago »

Agree with Gordo, I worked at both and much preferred the King Str location. Odd thing is I can't actually remember the move though presumably was involved in some capacity