Bible entries for Zzapback reviews

Everything else about Zzap
relentless
Ken's Fishy Friend

Bible entries for Zzapback reviews

Post by relentless »

It would be nice if the overall ratings for Zzapback were included in the bible as well. I would argue that those ratings deserve to be in the bible as much as the budget re-releases deserve to be.

The only problem is that two overall ratings were given for each game in the Zzapback sections. Maybe an average of the two ratings could be used? Which makes me wonder how the reviewers agreed upon a single rating in the main review section - did they average out all the reviewer's personal rating or was it done some other way?
Iain
Admin

Re: Bible entries for Zzapback reviews

Post by Iain »

The Zzapbible section is getting a big overhaul, although progress has been slow but if I remember correctly, Zzapback rating will be in the new one, along with round-ups etc.

[edit]

I just looked over my database tables to refresh my memory about how it all works and each ZzapBible section is treated as an article contains the games. The reviewers are associated with the games but I don't have specific marks for each Zzapback game, since there wasn't a single mark and the database isn't setup to have multiple scores for a single "review". (it's complicated as it is to take account of all the different review types.

So in the finished version, say you search for "International Karate", you'll get back a list of all reviews / round ups / zzapbacks that contain that game. The review / budget review will contain the overall score. The round-up or compilation line will also contain a review score if one was given, but the Zzapback line will not.
[/edit]

The current job is to go through all the issues and add in the new data. I'm currently at issue 68 (which I have been for a year or more!) but with the forum upgrade done and the front page rewritten, my next focus is the bible again.
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Zzapbacks often gave scores as an adjustment of the original, so it might be nice to see them linked somehow?
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

True, but each reviewer gave their own overall adjustment.

Now the database design should allow for an individual zzapback game to have its own review since I designed it to work with compilations that have an overall score and also allowing each game within the pack to have its own score, so maybe I can just assign the average overall from the two reviewers to the game as suggested by relentless.