An issue 107 question

Everything else about Zzap
Andy Haywood
Ken's Fishy Friend

An issue 107 question

Post by Andy Haywood »

How many times was it downloaded? I'm just curious as to how many people may have read our handiwork? I know a couple of servers were fried with the hi res downloads...
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well I haven't really kept records but it's been downloaded from my sites 1000's of times. I think the total overall might be 10,000 at a massive guess!
Andy Haywood
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Andy Haywood »

Cool! 10,000 peeps have read our scribblings - maybe we should use that to sell advertising space in 108 :wink:
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

According to the people who were originally hosting it, the hi-res was downloaded about 3,000 - 4,000 times before it was pulled offline, rather beating our estimate of "a couple of hundred".
Gazunta
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Gazunta »

Not to mention the readership of APC magazine, which put the pdf on its coverdisk...
knight_beat
Techno Teaboy

Post by knight_beat »

OK. I'll grudgingly accept that there won't be an #108 of Zzap. I like to register my interest in a second print run of Zzap 107. I've printed most of the issue already, but it takes a lot of work to replicate the staple-binding.

Pretty please.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Damn unlikely to happen I'm afraid.

The first print run of 100, flew out like hot cakes.

The first half of the second print run (100 copies again) went quite fast but I was almost a year trying to sell the remaining ones.

At least a hundred would needed to be printed for another print run to be cost effective (and even at that, they aren't cheap) and I'd guess there's a extremely low chance that all of them would sell.

Pretty much everybody who wanted a printed 107, got one.
Ockhams Razor
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Ockhams Razor »

Knigh_beat... your best chance is to set up a search on E-Bay to alert you when one goes up for sale... there have been a couple that went for about a tenner.

It's definitely good to have... it's the rarest issue of Zzap in the world!! - just think... only 200 people will EVER have a complete set of Zzaps! (me being one of them! ha ha ha (very poor attempt at an evil laugh)).
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I suppose you could go down to your local Snap printers or some such place and maybe get a single one done up for £20 or so?...