Missing Online Zzap Scans

Everything else about Zzap
Sixteen Plus
Sub Editor

Missing Online Zzap Scans

Post by Sixteen Plus »

To save digging out my DVD's all the time, I often visit the zzap scans here.

Well I was just looking through issue 74 just now and many of the pages seem to have vanished. A portion of
the thumbnails seem to be missing also. I'm not sure if any other issues are affected or even if you're already
aware of this problem, but thought I'd better mention it just in case as there might be more issues like it Image
Iain
Admin

Re: Missing Online Zzap Scans

Post by Iain »

Thanks for bringing it to my attention. It's strange that some of the thumbnails for that issue are there. If all were gone, I'd assume a path was wrong but only some missing would indicate corruption or something. I'll look into it more tomorrow.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Issue 74 thumbnails and pages are back up. Somewhat worrying that files seemed to just "disappear" from the server. Thankfully it's not the main site server they are stored on. I'll have to go through file counts for each issue to see if anything else is missing.
Sixteen Plus
Sub Editor

Post by Sixteen Plus »

Thanks Iain, much appreciated :D and now I can get back to reading the rest of that Viz double-page spread review :lol:

Pretty odd inexplicable thing to happen though. Maybe a problem with gamebox64's hosting provider? :?
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Sixteen Plus wrote:. Maybe a problem with gamebox64's hosting provider? :?
Yeap, I would assume so (Powweb). Maybe the site was auto transferred to a new server at some stage and some files weren't copied over...
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Some full page issue 58 scans missing as well. Just noticed them so at least it's reminded me to check all other issues on Powweb.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well, there was quite a issues a bit "off" with file size inconsistencies with the originals on my HD and a few more files actually missing as well.

Issues affected and fixed (assuming it's not the copies on my HD that are dodgy! ;-) ):
35,53,59,76,83,85,86,88,89,90,91 and 96