Newsfield Article on Wikipedia

Everything else about Zzap
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

gordon wrote:
So Long Ago wrote:I am instantly forgettable.
Nah, don't be daft. :) It's more a question of my poor memory, combined with the fact that you're coy about revealing your identity.
hehe, indeed it must be your poor memory Gordon. :)
We've never figured out who So Long Ago is (I only have an extensive list who he is NOT) I think you're mixing him up with Yossarian. (James Price, as you found out IIRC)

My guess is (at the mo') that So Long Ago is the Mayor of Ludlow, and he doesn't want his identity to be revealed because of that? Could be wrong though - as I was wrong with all my So Long Ago guesses...so far. 8)
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Ian Osborne wrote:If you look at the page's history tab, you can see Barnaby Page was the last person to edit it.[/url]
Ah see, I was looking for something like that, but I couldn't find it quickly.
Ace & thanx.
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

Mr.Zzapback wrote:hehe, indeed it must be your poor memory Gordon. :)
We've never figured out who So Long Ago is (I only have an extensive list who he is NOT) I think you're mixing him up with Yossarian. (James Price, as you found out IIRC)
Told you... I can't remember my left hand from my... er...
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Re Def Tribute on Wikepedia:
it nevertheless featured all new content.
We'll have to correct that one! Since the reviews are straight (as in words) copied from the original mags.
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Blame Retro Gamer for that—IIRC, the cover sticker states "all new".
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Iain wrote:Re Def Tribute on Wikepedia:
it nevertheless featured all new content.
We'll have to correct that one! Since the reviews are straight (as in words) copied from the original mags.
Yeah indeed. 19 pages old content, 45 pages all new content.
The RG sticker should have said: 71% NEW CONTENT! 8)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Indeed! Craig, when are you starting legal proceedings? ;-)

p.s. saw another Def Trib on eBay, starting bid of £1.99 and postage of £2 or so within UK! I hope nobody is silly enough to bid on it!!
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Mr.Zzapback wrote:
My guess is (at the mo') that So Long Ago is the Mayor of Ludlow, and he doesn't want his identity to be revealed because of that? Could be wrong though - as I was wrong with all my So Long Ago guesses...so far. 8)
Or Bob Wade...nah.

Shame that we lost an excellent thread on the identity of So Long Ago due to the hack.
I remember that he said that he came in at Newsfield by the end of 84 early 85, he also seemed to know stuff about prepress.
One day the net will close him in! :)

Wait, back on topic: I started tweaking here and there over at wikipedia, not too much. I'm a bit afraid because of my limited English etc.