Sinclair Heaven and issue hosting and OCRing

Everything else about Zzap
gizmomelb
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by gizmomelb »

Thanks Iain,

well I've got (in some cases, complete series of) Your Commodore, Commodore Computing International, Compute's Gazette, The Australian Commodore and Amiga Review, Games Computing, Personal Software, Commodore User, CD32 Magazine, The One, Amiga Format and if you thought that PCG was rare, I'm betting you haven't seen the few Australian PCG issues!

It's all a matter of time to when to do it, so no promises you'll even see anything from me before the end of the year, but I do want to archive them as some are in rather tatty condition and need digital preservation.

I'm going to have a fiddle with the OCRing, but since one of the guys at work develops commercial OCR software I figure I need to have a serious chat with him about how he handles flattening/seperating colours etc.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

gizmomelb wrote:Thanks Iain,

well I've got (in some cases, complete series of) Your Commodore, Commodore Computing International, Compute's Gazette, The Australian Commodore and Amiga Review, Games Computing, Personal Software, Commodore User, CD32 Magazine, The One, Amiga Format and if you thought that PCG was rare, I'm betting you haven't seen the few Australian PCG issues!

</quote>

Quite a list there, but make sure you don't scan stuff that Mort has done already, you should have enough new stuff to do as it is! :)
gizmomelb wrote: I'm going to have a fiddle with the OCRing, but since one of the guys at work develops commercial OCR software I figure I need to have a serious chat with him about how he handles flattening/seperating colours etc.
Let me know the results of that! You should ask him, how the hell you can easily OCR something like this http://www.zzap64.co.uk/cgi-bin/display ... e=zzap&amp
without going over the whole thing with different colour replacers :(