Issue 108 - Issue 108 Dream

Everything else about Zzap
Iain
Admin

Issue 108 - Issue 108 Dream

Post by Iain »

Oh dear, this is getting sad, I had a dream of issue 108 a few nights ago.

I was in the local WH SMith and I noticed a new issue of Zzap sitting on the shelves!!

Firstly I wonder how they managed to get WH SMith to stock it and how many issues they printed, then I was pissed off because I didn't know anything about it and the credits didn't contain anybody I knew from the "zzap community".

But it was a pretty crap issue anyway, just full of tips and no decent articles to speak of.

Back to the geeky padded cell now...
Last edited by Iain on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ant
Sub Editor

Post by Ant »

Scary. Do you remember what was on the front cover? :)
"Isn't this where ... we came in?"
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

I would laugh in your face, but I've had the odd dream where I've gone into WHSmiths and seen the final Zzap!64 (well, CF) still on the shelves and bought it. Never seen Zzap!64 #107/8 in my dreams in that way, although it did haunt me as we came to the wrapping up of 107...
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Dream!?
'I see the promised land!'

8)
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Ockhams Razor
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Ockhams Razor »

I am not sure if it was the magic of the time or my age, but Zzap arriving on my doorstep was always a magical exciting time - sure I get a buzz when retro gamer or empire appears in my post box, but it is not the same buzz as when Zzap came out. I guess that magic can never be re-captured and it is something we should treasure.

When I read my favourite issues, i can remember how i felt reading them for the first time back in 86 when i was 13 and i think that is why i read them again and again. Somehow, reading the reviews is more exciting than playing the games...jeez I hope no-one is reading this...

Maybe we should make issue 108 the last one ever, but, and here is the crunch, never complete it - it should always be the next issue that will one day arrive, something to look forward to, the last ever, the huge success that we all want it to be and one that captures the joy of (my faves) issues 4 - 40. May there never be a final Zzap, a Zzap 108 so that I can always say, "yep, us dedicated guys at the Zzap community towers are working away at ideas for issue 108 - it's gonna be great" and may i never be faced with the words "well, that was the last Zzap ever, it's read now, time to move on..."
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Looks like you got your wish! ;-)