RIP Thalamus

Everything else about Zzap
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

RIP Thalamus

Post by CraigGrannell »

Having not heard from the Thalamus lads for a while, I went to their website (which I'd worked on for a number of years now), found it was down and then scouted around Facebook. I subsequently found a sad message from Roger Kean from back in August:
The Global Economic Downturn, Global Warming, and Gordon Brown have had their effect. Thalamus Publishing has closed its doors for good. Working from home now. Could be worse... With luck, the Big Action Library books should return in the New Year.
:(

It's always tough when a client's business fails, but doubly so when they're good guys and fun to work with. Here's hoping Big Action Library makes its return in 2010. Also, I guess if anyone's been dithering over buying the Oli Frey book, you should probably do so before they disappear for good.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I think they are down but hopefully not out.

Didn't realise the website had gone. It was still there last week. :(
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Thalamus is definitely gone, according to the guys. Big Action might return though.
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Well, that really sucks...
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

CraigGrannell wrote:Thalamus is definitely gone, according to the guys. Big Action might return though.
My down but not out comment was related to the guys themselves rather than the company Thalamus. Can't imagine book publishing is an easy business to be in. :(
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Oh dear, sad news indeed.
I look forward to better times for everyone.
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.