Zzap64 Scanned CD Collection.

Everything else about Zzap
Emudude
Techno Teaboy

Zzap64 Scanned CD Collection.

Post by Emudude »

I ordered the Zzap64 Scanned CD Collection in August, and I haven't recieved them yet. Here is my information from PayPal.

Transaction Details

Shopping Cart Payment Sent (ID # 42C416680H158300T)
Related Transactions
Date Type Status Details
Aug. 26, 2003 Payment To Iain Black Completed ...
Aug. 26, 2003 Transfer From Credit Card Completed Details
Aug. 26, 2003 Currency Conversion (debit) From U.S. Dollar To Pound Sterling Completed Details
Aug. 26, 2003 Currency Conversion (credit) To Pound Sterling From U.S. Dollar Completed Details

Name:
Iain Black (The recipient of this payment is Non-U.S. - Verified)
Email:
webmaster@zzap64.co.uk

PayPal Shopping Cart Contents

Qty Item Options Price
1 Zzap!64 CD Set
Item zzapcd £23.99 GBP
Cart Amount £23.99 GBP

Total Amount:
£23.99 GBP
Shipping:
£0.00 GBP
Handling:
£0.00 GBP

Total Amount:
-£23.99 GBP

Conversion From:
-$38.56 USD
Conversion To:
£23.99 GBP
Exchange Rate:
1 U.S. Dollar = 0.622276 Pounds Sterling

Date:
Aug. 26, 2003
Time:
10:52:33 PDT
Completed

Can you please tell me what happened to them? Are they on there way?

Thank you,
Last edited by Emudude on Sun Nov 30, 2003 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emudude,

Saving the Universe, one computer at a time.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I did receive that payment and the details were sent over to Mort to post the CD out.

I can only assume it was lost in the post, you should have contacted me long ago about it!!

I'll get him to post out another set for you!

Iain

p.s. do you realise you posted this in a public forum with your address and all?
Emudude
Techno Teaboy

Post by Emudude »

Thank you for your help. I'll edit the post and take out all pertinant information. Thanks again.
Emudude,

Saving the Universe, one computer at a time.
Sixteen Plus
Sub Editor

Post by Sixteen Plus »

Iain wrote:p.s. do you realise you posted this in a public forum with your address and all?
lol you twonk emudude... it's a wonder you didn't leave your bank details in the forum also :roll:

incidentally... what is the most worthwhile purchase... the cd-rom or the dvd version of the zzap scans... and will i "actually" receive them???

but also, do i "really" need it?... well at least i "think" i do as i'm starting to regress back to childhood.

Iain... you're gonna have to do your sales pitch on me a little harder m8 :wink:
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well Mr. Zzapback will probably come in saying how great they are... and they are!

The Zzap DVD is only £14.99 now too!

It's got a couple of extra things on it compared to the CD version, plus you get a case and colour inlay with the DVD as well.

You have got a 96.5% chance of it reaching you on the first post and if you don't get it, Mort will send out another one to you no problem. Just don't wait 3 months before you report the problem! ;-)
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Mort's Scan DVD, it's great isn't it? It's...

/gets coat

:)
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Sixteen Plus
Sub Editor

Post by Sixteen Plus »

oh man... sad as it all seems but i am so sold... well nearly :twisted:

the price of the zzap64 dvd is most definetely a total bargain... unfortunately the newsfield sales offer doesn't include the three commodore64 magazines i actually used to purchase back in the eighties and early nineties... it isn't included in any special offer... the c64 is the one mini-microconputer i actually owned and liked after the commodore 16 (which had no dedicated mag and slightly under-rated).

come on...haggle! 8)
Last edited by Sixteen Plus on Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Check you pm`s :wink:
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
Sixteen Plus
Sub Editor

Post by Sixteen Plus »

ahhh my past has finally come back to haunt me proper... thanks guyz you've 'really' just made a sad person much more sa...erm happier, heh :wink:

if you hold the rights to these magazines and seeing as there is a compilation cd called 'c64 classix' with 3000 games on it with emulator for pc being sold in shops now already for a tenner... i think maybe you have something relevant and unique here which could sell remarkably well in computer software retail shops...hard to find.
Last edited by Sixteen Plus on Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sixteen Plus
Sub Editor

Post by Sixteen Plus »

i've found my letter in CU... issue 60, page 75 entitled 'warning'.

dang how i've changed since then.

actually... they didn't answer my main question so why bother printing it in the first place? gits.
Last edited by Sixteen Plus on Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Baz wrote: if you hold the rights to these magazines and seeing as there is a compilation cd called 'c64 classix' with 3000 games on it with emulator for pc being sold in shops now already for a tenner
We don't hold any rights so there's zero chance of the DVD ending up in the shops! Selling printed versions of issue 107 for near cost was close enough to the line for me.

p.s. I doubt that C64 classix DVD is legal either, even although it's on Amazon et al.
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

For what it's worth, if that CD is the one that's been sold in HMV for years, it's most definitely not legal. That's the kind of thing the ISDA should be clamping down on rather than websites, but there you go.
Sixteen Plus
Sub Editor

Post by Sixteen Plus »

CraigGrannell wrote:For what it's worth, if that CD is the one that's been sold in HMV for years, it's most definitely not legal. That's the kind of thing the ISDA should be clamping down on rather than websites, but there you go.

i've seen vast copies of c64 classix being shifted out from 'game' for just under a tenner myself... all shrink-wrapped and looking polished... i would've bought a copy myself only i never had a pc during most of last year... someone sold me a ripped copy on ebay since then... it's practically freeware now (hopefully) anyway... i'm pretty unsure myself.

but then where else can i find the best version of battleships around... no chance of me buying another C64 when an emulator does the same job but quicker and easier 8)
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

C64 Classix is ok for beginners but a lot of the game images don't work properly.

See my pm!
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Baz wrote:it's practically freeware now (hopefully) anyway
Well, that's the problem: it *isn't* freeware (with the exception of stuff that's been released as such, including Minter's back catalogue and Beam's). Many software houses are notoriously litigious about hanging on to their IP rights. However, the ISDA seems to have turned a blind eye to compilations such as this, and is instead more interested in harassing websites that offer games for download. Apparently, freely offering something on the web is worse than, you know, making a *profit* from someone else's property.