Hello (and WELL DONE) from a newbie

Everything else about Zzap
Wizball 87
Techno Teaboy

Hello (and WELL DONE) from a newbie

Post by Wizball 87 »

Howdy all! Its my first post - so please be gentle with me :lol: - and having just stumbled across the forum I thought i'd drop by and say hello to everyone still associated with keeping "The Worlds Greatest Mag" (TM) alive....its so good to see the logo at the top again, simply fantastic - WELL DONE to all concerned!! *nods and gives two thumbs up*

I'm one of the very VERY lucky few who possesses ALL the Zzaps (twice over...how blessed am i?!), all in binders, all mint condition, all beyond value, with an equally priceless complete collection of Crash/ LM mags too. I'm itching to find out more about the "Def Tribute to Zzap", and like everyone else I'll be there downloading the pdf as soon as it appears. Should there ever be a need for anyone to require specific info on any back issue of Zzap, don't hesitate to contact me - I'm stuck without a scanner, but consider it sorted and easily to hand as a reference point.

Best wishes to all concerned again......top stuff indeed

Ant
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Hi and welcome Ant!
I think Mort (and all of us here) would be *very* interested in scanning your LM's since nobody here have a full set of that mag, and only issue 0 (the giveaway with Crash & Zzap's Xmas special 1986) is scanned in so far.
Would be truly awesome if you could help us out with that one!
Ta!

Rob
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Wizball 87
Techno Teaboy

LM

Post by Wizball 87 »

And a big hello back! Absolutely NO PROBLEM with the LM's....it'd be my pleasure! 8) I'm more than prepared to send them all your way to scan in and take copies of (that way you'll get decent pics, other than my cack handed attempts!).....let me know what you think, I'm sure i can sort that out very soon. All my copies are direct from being a subscriber back in the day before it folded.....have them all in sealed plastic bags too, so they're absolutely MINT. Errm... no listing them on ebay and disappearing to the Bahamas tho! LMAO... :lol: :lol:

ps, Any latest news on a possible printed version of the "Def Guide to Zzap"? Whatever the cost count me in....

Cheers,
Ant
Last edited by Wizball 87 on Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Would be great! I'm sure Mort will drop you a line soon.
And if Mort's too busy, I'd love to do it myself, I have a superb A3 scanner at work, scanning at 600 dpi in a splitsecond. (sorry Mort, I don't wanna rub it in -hehe)

About the printed Tribute, there's news about it by the end of this week.
No, really. :)
Ta!
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Err, Rob
I have got the Lms all scanned, must have forgotten to mention it, drop me your address and I`ll send you the updated zzap dvd 8)

Wizball, hope you enjoy the scans as a resource without having to make your pristine copies less prestine(I have a fully bound collection and having them available on my hd is a real boon!).

Glad you Enjoy Iains site :)
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
Wizball 87
Techno Teaboy

Post by Wizball 87 »

No probs Mort, if i can be of any service anytime drop us a line :wink:
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Mort wrote:Err, Rob
I have got the Lms all scanned, must have forgotten to mention it, drop me your address and I`ll send you the updated zzap dvd 8)
WOT!? And you tell me now?? :shock: Wow!

an upgrade is very much welcome, of course, feel a bit guilty though, I still haven't paid the promised 15 quid through paypal, argh I will do it!

Anyway, glad we have all LM scans, I almost wanted to fork out a small fortune when I saw them on eBay... :oops: :D
PaulEMoz
Staffer

Post by PaulEMoz »

That's an awesome sounding collection of mags. I hope you've got Issue 107, too.... :)
They Were Our Gods - a website charting my progress on an upcoming book of the same name, about the UK gaming scene in the 1980s.
Wizball 87
Techno Teaboy

Post by Wizball 87 »

I have indeed! Was one of the first to order the printed version of 107.....and it was simply amazing to hold a Zzap again!! 8) Roll on the Def issue - I....must....have....it...... :lol:
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Wizball 87 wrote:I have indeed! Was one of the first to order the printed version of 107.....and it was simply amazing to hold a Zzap again!! 8) Roll on the Def issue - I....must....have....it...... :lol:
64 pages mister!! 8) it's gonna be a zzappy summer! :D
Wizball 87
Techno Teaboy

Post by Wizball 87 »

Mr.Zzapback wrote:64 pages mister!! 8) it's gonna be a zzappy summer! :D
:shock: Now i REALLLLY can't wait!

"Where are youuu.....lets be 'avinnn youuu" :lol:
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Wizball 87 wrote:
Mr.Zzapback wrote:64 pages mister!! 8) it's gonna be a zzappy summer! :D
...Where are youuu.....
Well, over here in the pipeline:

http://www.zzap64.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=512
8)
Ant
Sub Editor

Re: Hello (and WELL DONE) from a newbie

Post by Ant »

Wizball 87 wrote:Howdy all! [snip!] Best wishes to all concerned again......top stuff indeed
Ant
Welcome aboard!

I like you already. ;)
"Isn't this where ... we came in?"
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

We need another ant, then we can have a colony.
Gazunta
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Gazunta »

Which one's the queen? :)