Newsfield Offices, 2005

Everything else about Zzap
robin hogg
Techno Teaboy

Post by robin hogg »

Hmmm. Glad you can remember these things. So long ago. What wisecrack was that??

First day eh? Always good idea to welcome someone to the magazine with the potential risk of being burned to a crisp!!

:shock:
Robin 'Pig in a Poke' Hogg
Ex ZZAP!
Ian Osborne
Staffer

Post by Ian Osborne »

It was something about us all melting in the same corner - I can't remember the context, but I remember being quite surprised it was bolted shut.
robin hogg
Techno Teaboy

Post by robin hogg »

Regarding the offices, I remember popping down to De Grays for egg and cress sandwiches (yum!) when we were over Victoria Wine.

Amazing to think the hub of the games magzine industry was alive and well in rooms over an off licence in sleepy Ludlow.

I found the atmosphere in the 'above Victoria Wine' offices was more fun, more cottage industry and less business like. When we moved down by the river, it probably got a bit more formal and probably lost something as a result.

I remember we tried some joysticks out by dropping them out of the first floor window at the Case Mill/Temeside offices. Unfortunately, we chopped the leads off for some strange reason at the time to make the test more 'scientific'!! Could have been a 'review' of joysticks for The Games Machine.

Also remember Gremlin Graphics came up to Temeside with a Lotus Turbo to promote said game. Got a trip down to the Ludlow bypass in it, very dissapointed to find I wasn't going to Leominster in it with the driver, we just turned round at the junction with the main road out of Ludlow..... Great game though.
Robin 'Pig in a Poke' Hogg
Ex ZZAP!