Are there any Zzap magazines in Ireland?

Everything else about Zzap
combs
Techno Teaboy

Are there any Zzap magazines in Ireland?

Post by combs »

I've been looking, no pleading, for Zzap magazines here in Ireland and cannot find any. None whatsoever. The issues I have I bought from several newsagents when they were on sale so they were easily found back then. So there must be some still in the country somewhere. So if you know of any, please let me know.

And on the subject of the forums, I'd agree that there are too many. And shouldn't Zzap General be the top forum, instead of the last forum of the first section? Anyway, it's up to you since you're running the site. Good site anyway, and a good forum too.
I need CVG magazines!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Try in Buy & Sell or something. Or, there's an Irish version of ebay now isn't there? or ebid.ie?

It's was always in the Newsagents back in the day so there must be lots of old issues knocking about.
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

I agree about trying eBay - Though be prepared for some high prices, especially with the earlier issues. Perhaps you could try putting an ad in one of the Irish newspapers, or in a computer shop? - I bet there are quite a few issues in lofts in Ireland!

A long shot - If you have any issues of ZZAP! at all, look to see if there are any letters published from anyone in Ireland. You could then try and trace the people to see if they still live in the area, using a site such as 'Friends Reunited'? It would take some time, but could work...
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
combs
Techno Teaboy

Zzaps

Post by combs »

eBid was never any good, I'm afraid. And they hold the ebay.ie domain name which robs us of a decent auction site. ebayireland.com doesn't get many listings.

I tried Buy and Sell for a few weeks. I expected some response but I got none at all. I might try again.

I've actually considered contacting those from old letters pages or classifieds. Looking through old magazines I often saw the classifieds and thought "Hey look what's for sale," before realizing the ad was 12 years old! It's an option.

eBay: It's so formal and it's UK only. I might have to resort to it eventually, however. It's so much better finding stuff in the wild locally.

My fear is that even though there were issues on sale here, not many folks bought them religiously every month, only now and again when they liked the look of the issue. And collections of just a few issues are easily thrown out. But still, there have to be some. Thanks for replying. The search continues.
I need CVG magazines!
combs
Techno Teaboy

Post by combs »

Just a reminder that I'm still looking for Zzaps but I'll be giving up soon. Last call for Zzaps.
I need CVG magazines!
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

Well I live just south of London and have quite a few spare still. Interested, or too far to ship?
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
combs
Techno Teaboy

Post by combs »

I'm certainly interested. If I lived near you I'd probably be hurrying there right now! But yes, the postage will be the obstacle.

Postage in bulk I think is high. What would postage be to ship them one at a time, like a large envelope? The Letterpost site says it's 75c to send one from here to Britain and that's not too costly. Let me know and we'll try to work something out.
I need CVG magazines!
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

How many are you interested in, one, or possible all of them?

There's currently 12 spare ranging from issue #4 to #35. Shall I cost them all individually, and also as a bulk of 12?
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
combs
Techno Teaboy

Post by combs »

Any and all issues. Maybe even the ones I have since they were read to death and are mostly falling apart. Although the issues after the fall and return of Zzap around 1992 would be at the bottom of my wanted list. So you can go ahead and quote me those prices whenever you wish. Ta.
I need CVG magazines!