The Burrow dead?

Everything else about Zzap
Andy Haywood
Ken's Fishy Friend

The Burrow dead?

Post by Andy Haywood »

Where's it gone? Been away from the site for a while dealing with tedious "life" stuff, I come back and it's disappeared! Say it ain't so...

And what's Gordo up to these days?
Ant
Sub Editor

Post by Ant »

I seem to recall that Gordo mentioned that he'd have a web presence as long as it was free. Maybe it become unfree?

He has been quiet for some time. I think he has three (two?) kids now so no doubt his priorities have changed a lot.

Funny, y'know. It was only yesterday that I was thinking about how much I miss seeing him around the usual haunts.
"Isn't this where ... we came in?"
PaulEMoz
Staffer

Post by PaulEMoz »

He's writing a novel, right now. :)

Also, he posts quite regularly at YakYak and the Way of the Rodent forum.

:)
They Were Our Gods - a website charting my progress on an upcoming book of the same name, about the UK gaming scene in the 1980s.
Andy Haywood
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Andy Haywood »

So doesn't he bother posting here, now?
PaulEMoz
Staffer

Post by PaulEMoz »

Andy Haywood wrote:So doesn't he bother posting here, now?
Well, not right this minute :P

A lot of people seem to drop in here, catch up, post a bit and then drop out again. I can always tell him that you were asking after him, and that might give him a gentle nudge in this direction. I can't imagine he'd drop out of here completely, anyway.
They Were Our Gods - a website charting my progress on an upcoming book of the same name, about the UK gaming scene in the 1980s.
Fab
Freelancer

Post by Fab »

I understand not having time to update the site.

But why has the old site disappeared? His pages were so interesting, it would be great to see them again, even without updates
Ant
Sub Editor

Post by Ant »

PaulEMoz wrote:He's writing a novel, right now. :)

Excellent news on all counts! Though I must have missed his YakYak posts of late ...
"Isn't this where ... we came in?"
PaulEMoz
Staffer

Post by PaulEMoz »

Ant wrote:
PaulEMoz wrote:He's writing a novel, right now. :)

Excellent news on all counts! Though I must have missed his YakYak posts of late ...
Cryptically, he goes under the name of "No Name" on those boards now. :)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

The site is still down :( I'd have glady hosted it on here. I must contact him and see if he wants to save the Zzap related stuff at least!!

Mr. Zzapback? Do you have a copy of it somewhere? Must get the Wayback machine as well....

Well at least most of it (zzap wise anyway) is archived!! :)

http://web.archive.org/web/200503081047 ... index.html
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Hehe. I have a full copy of The Burrow on my harddisk, indeed. 8)
I don't know what Gordon's doing (I think concentrating on his book and family) but if he doesn't have plans with some sort of site I'd be happy to bring back his Zzap! pages.
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Mr.Zzapback wrote:I'd be happy to bring back his Zzap! pages.
Too late! I got in first with a request! :-p

It seems Freeserve just deleted the site and he didn't bother reuploading it.

So it might be another Zzap site to add to my Zzap meglomania empire! :-D

If you start adding too much more to your one Mr. Zzapback, I might have to start a hostile takeover!!
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Well, if I did what I'm secretly dreaming of doing, you'd be nowhere.
Lucky for you there's always...reality. :wink: :D
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

Hello, folks. :)

Iain's kindly offered to host the site for me. Freeserve deleted it for some unknown reason, probably dismayed by the lack of updates, and I never quite got round to finding another home for it. Or updating the various links to it from all over the web. Or telling Google... Or anything, really. Three kids is/are the reason, nothing more sinister; and I stopped posting here because one day I tried to log in, and couldn't because I'd forgotten my password. It doesn't seem like several months until I tried again, but here I am. :)

Anyhow, I'm not posting much anywhere at the moment, tbh, for the reason above. YakYak gets a rare look in, I seem to be drifting in and out of Rodent, and that's about it. I'll probably pick up speed again when the youngest goes to school in 2010.

...But back to the original point: Iain and I have been exchanging PMs, The Burrow is uploaded to his webspace, and it's just a question of ironing out the problems. I'll let him announce its arrival, since he's such a nice bloke. :)

Cheerio for now.
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Pfff, tsk.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Watch your back Mr. Zzapback! Your site is next on the rader for my takeover and acquisitions boys! :-D