"The Video Games Guide"

Everything else about Zzap
Famous Mortimer
Techno Teaboy

"The Video Games Guide"

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Excellent book, got it for my birthday. Anyone else read it?

But there's some weird reviewing quirks in there. Hitch-Hiker's Guide gets two stars for its odd language choices. The Hobbit gets five stars despite its odd language choices. Mercenary gets a measly two stars, because of the rubbish graphics. Bah humbug.
"The rich will do everything for the poor except get off their backs" - Karl Marx
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Re: "The Video Games Guide"

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Famous Mortimer wrote:Mercenary gets a measly two stars, because of the rubbish graphics.
Excellent book!? Throw it into the fire I'd say. :shock:
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Famous Mortimer
Techno Teaboy

Post by Famous Mortimer »

The book does have a bit of a downer on C64 games in general, to be honest. I think the author had a Spectrum growing up and was jealous of us. He didn't like "Nebulus" either, and that game is mint.
"The rich will do everything for the poor except get off their backs" - Karl Marx
Kong Dong
Techno Teaboy

The ultimate bogside book

Post by Kong Dong »

:D

I too have The Video Games Guide, and have to say it is the ultimate bogside book. Ever since i've had it in the bathroom my girlfriend has started to think i'm constipated. She thinks i'm straining to do my business but in reality i'm lost in raptures over Impossible Mission and Day Of The Tentacle. Great stuff.
Andy Haywood
Ken's Fishy Friend

Re: The ultimate bogside book

Post by Andy Haywood »

Kong Dong wrote:She thinks i'm straining to do my business but in reality i'm lost in raptures over Impossible Mission and Day Of The Tentacle.
An excellent first post, sir. Have a cigar.