Zzap 64 issues 1 - 37 sell for £26 on ebay

Everything else about Zzap
Darren Guest
Techno Teaboy

Zzap 64 issues 1 - 37 sell for £26 on ebay

Post by Darren Guest »

I spotted this on ebay a few days ago and forgot all about it thinking they would go for stupid money.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... BUAA:UK:11

Kicking myself now that I didn't bid!

Was this a one off or has interest fallen so much that they are now being given away?
Ockhams Razor
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Ockhams Razor »

I think the problem now is that most of the people buying mags are after particular issue numbers to complete their existing collections. There are not so many people out there wanting to 'start' a Zzap collection.

Only 18 months ago issue 1 alone would have gone for more than what these have just gone for...

I also genuinely think that the Zzap scans have also contributed to the reduction in re-sale values... although this is a good thing as many more people can view the entire set on a shiny disk and anyone wanting to have the physical mags can actually offord to start getting them... all round a good thing (unless you judge the state of the scene by 2nd hand values...)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Very low price alright, I think the bubble has burst over the past couple of years and the comment above about people looking for specific issue numbers could be a big part of it as well.
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Dunno. But I was lurking an auction for issue 1 recently (looking for a better one than mine) and I was willing to bid until it zoomed towards +30 quid in the final minute. Shame. (for me, not the seller)
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.