contribute = cd archive of current scans?

Discussion related to the game packaging scans on gamebox64.com
arthur
Techno Teaboy

contribute = cd archive of current scans?

Post by arthur »

I have been scanning my C64 cassettes/manuals/boxes and only recently discovered this site (well, the subsection dedicated to artwork and box art scans).
I have 160+mb of c64 scans, (so far) and I am willing to contribute them all to the site.
They include such things as full manual scans for..
sherlock (melbourne house)
Elite (with full manual)
Shadowfire (with full manual)
Psi warrior (with full manual)
you get the idea.
My scans are 1280 X (whatever, maintaining aspect ratio), and are 600 dpi.
In short, I have been making *good* quality scans of my games that I am offloading, or donating to charity shops.
I would like to quickly add to my collection by having all of the scans available here, but also continue to scan what you do not have, and in some cases (I would imagine) provide better scans than you currently have.

Is there the option of posting you my collection as it stands, in exchange for a disc with the scan you currently have?

this may sound quite up front, but I still have 2 boxes of games (Stunt car racer for example) that I intend scanning in a asimilar manner, and I have many hundreds of MB still to offer. It makes more sense to just post you my scans, and rather than use up my bandwith allowance/perhaps yours also woudl suffer (?) .. a kind offer is rewarded by similar.

I am scanning cassettes, box art, manuals, covers, ... basically *everything* I have in order to clear some of my life clutter.
I would however want to have a permenant record of the games I bought, played, and loved.. hence my project.

I am also doing my c16 (12MB) , spectrum(84MB) etc collections, are there any homes for these?

As a side question, I had an account (arthur071169), but it seems to be suspended (?) so I had to create this extra account, just to be able to log in.
HELP!!!!

Regards,
Arthur
(formerly, arthur071169)
!!!
arthur
Techno Teaboy

PS,

Post by arthur »

Whilst there are webcrawlers, and download bots (teleport pro etc), I would rather offer, and receive - than steal other peoples work.

:)

Regards,
Arthur.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Would be great to get hold of your scans, although lots has been scanned already by Shocktropper. I just havn't added them to the site yet but I'm sure there are some that we don't have or you have different versions.

What kind of filenaming technique have you been using? The closer it is to Gamebox's, the easier and quicker I could add them to the site.
arthur
Techno Teaboy

Post by arthur »

well, I have been using the following..
gamename¬
cassette.jpg
cover1.jpg
cover2.jpg
manual1.jpg
manual2.jpg
etc
do, it would be quite easy to rename, as they all have the same filenames, and the game name is at the folder level.
arthur
Techno Teaboy

follow up...

Post by arthur »

my email addy to send your postal addy to is...
arthur.gill@vity.vossloh.com

regards,
Arthur.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Shit!

Just noticed I clicked on the edit button of your message, rather than the quote button!! So I inserted my answer at the bottom of your message!

Here's my reply in its proper place:

Good that they have the same names as the previous set I got, had a lot of different filenames, which meant I had to do a lot of automatic and manual renaming to pigeon hole them nicely into the database :)

Tell me your postal address, and I shall post off the small amount I have done to date.

Can do, but how big is the current collection? If it's under 100MB, I can give you a FTP account to upload them to. Saves the hassle with postage.
arthur
Techno Teaboy

aherm!

Post by arthur »

BUMP!!!!!

any update?
regards,
Arthur.

(PS it would help with my decision on what next to dig out and scan)
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

Hi Arthur,
Iain is just on his hols for the week but will be dropping a request through ( It would take the pressure of me to do some more ;-) ). Thanks again and please keep the scanner warm.

Thanks again for the scanning

Stephen :D
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
arthur
Techno Teaboy

Hi Mort..

Post by arthur »

thanks for the feedback.

I recently dug out the BT labelled adventures (The Pawn, etc) and those manuals are just gagging for a scanning.
I would like to know tho' if they have already been done, and if so what sort of quality they already are...

I would rather get going with stuff that does not already exist, and then look to any 'upgraded' versions last.

Regards,
Arthur.

Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Hi,

Moved house a couple of weeks ago and no acces to broandband or my own computer yet.. so I'm quite out of touch at the mo.

Do you want my address to send a CD to?

Or was I not meant to send you a CD? (but I think you told me to hold off on it...?)

I can give you a filelist of all scans I have received so there will be no duplication. I'll be visiting my computer on Saturday so hopefully I'll remember to do it then! :)

Send an email to my Yahoo account to remind me!
arthur
Techno Teaboy

House move - URGH!!!

Post by arthur »

Glad to hear you have mostly done the worst of that!
RE teh cd, it was you > me, but I did say hold off till you have a definitive version (as of date xx/yy/zzzz) that you can send off to whoever is creating scans for you.
A List *would* be usefull as i am scanning again (albeit slowly, as i have a ton of other projects on the go)

Chat with you later....
Arthur.