From TFUATDT to here with a Lugable 64

Forum for old regulars of my closed theyfuckyouatthedrivethru.com site
drcrypto
Staffer

From TFUATDT to here with a Lugable 64

Post by drcrypto »

DrCrypto from TFUATDT to here and I'm an old guy with the portable 64 with with the 4 inch screen and a standalone CRT monitor on the side and a couple of boxes of C64 software.

Nuf about that stuf, hope the regular TFUATDT people make the migrate so we can keep in touch.
Life's a Bitch then you Die!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Hi Doc!

Thought you might be the first to join up, hopefully enough of the others notice the posts on TFYATDT to get directed over to here before the site closes.

At least you are an old C64 owner so the transition isn't totally alien to you! :)
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Ah, the classic SX64. "Portable", in the sense that you can pick it up. Whether you actually want to carry it for more than 64 seconds is your choice ;)

Welcome to the forum!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

He is thinking of giving it to one of his grandchildren so I warned him to make sure the angle biters take care of it!

They are rare enough at this stage aren't they?
drcrypto
Staffer

Come and Get It

Post by drcrypto »

Here’s the deal for Iain and Brian:

Come and get it and it’s yours. It comes with SFW, an external Tape Drive, an external 19 inch color monitor, a printer buffer, a daisy wheel printer and other stuff.

Story about the printer: My son’s teacher would not allow them to use a computer to do their homework so with the Commodore we were able to type a letter wrong and then back-up and type the correct letter over the top of the wrong one and the old bat thought he was doing his work on a typewriter.
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Since we are not Stateside, that would prove a bit difficult.

Can I suggest you check out the comp.sys.cbm newsgroup and offer it there?
Newman
Freelancer

Post by Newman »

Wow! Does nobody else want to be "Newman"?
drcrypto
Staffer

Jobs

Post by drcrypto »

What's happening with the job market over there. Here in the USA thousands are loosing their jobs every week.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Same over here. Did Newman get a job when he was looking for one a year or so ago?
Newman
Freelancer

Post by Newman »

Don't worry, I work now as a freelancer. Got myself some project. Currently, I do not earn much, but I hope be more successful.
I miss my unemployment and the dole.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Good to hear from you Newman! and good to hear your not living in a dumpster somewhere (although even they probably have Internet access these days) What languages do you work in? (you are a programmer, if I remember correctly?)
Newman
Freelancer

Post by Newman »

Iain wrote:Good to hear from you Newman! and good to hear your not living in a dumpster somewhere (although even they probably have Internet access these days) What languages do you work in? (you are a programmer, if I remember correctly?)
Yep, I had one project in PHP (actually LAMP), and one in C.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I'm a PHP boy myself these days. Haven't done C in a long, long time. Still get the shakes remembering pointers and memory allocation of things etc. :)
Newman
Freelancer

Post by Newman »

Iain wrote:I'm a PHP boy myself these days. Haven't done C in a long, long time. Still get the shakes remembering pointers and memory allocation of things etc. :)
Programming in C can be very easy if someone creates libraries and header files for you, and provides you with a friendly guide on how to work with those libraries.

That someone can be you.