Home Made Videos

Forum for old regulars of my closed theyfuckyouatthedrivethru.com site
Newman
Freelancer

Home Made Videos

Post by Newman »

Why do people make videos of their children or grand-children? Do they think it adds interest to my life? So fucking what if your digital camera includes the possibility to create videos?

If I wanted to watch a film I would go to the cinema!
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

The value of such footage has decreased now it's so easy to do, with mobile phones, digital cameras and mini-cams that record straight to DVD... Back in the day it was kind of novel to see moving cine-film or video of yourselves.
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Well, if people want to make videos of their family then so be it. I suppose it's an extension of photograph albums that would be dragged out on family occasions in the past.

What peeves me is people who post pointless crap on sites like Youtube; don't get me wrong, I like funny compilations or when video sites are used to inform or whatever, but when some sad git posts a video of themselves sailing a boat, family occasions (a family I don't know, what's the point?!?!) or something equally mundane, I think they should be banned then shot. Then killed until they are dead.
So Long Ago
Freelancer

Post by So Long Ago »

They're probably posting it on You tube as a way of sharing it with their family. You, of course, have the choice not to watch the clip.
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

So Long Ago wrote:They're probably posting it on You tube as a way of sharing it with their family. You, of course, have the choice not to watch the clip.
And indeed I choose not not. I have photos and videos of important things in my life, but I'll email them or send a disc or something. Nothing in this world would possess me to upload them to a popular website where potentially the whole world could see them. I find it a little odd, that's all.
drcrypto
Staffer

Your Private Life

Post by drcrypto »

It’s the new “IN” thing to do so they will post all kinds of shit about themselves to include embarrassing pictures and text and then later on in life the scam artists will devise scams to bilk millions of these idiots out of their hard earned cash.

Ass Kissing Co workers will be the first to let the boss know of the past indiscretion.

It was on the news the other day that company recruiters are doing web searches of prospective employees and guess what, the fact that you are a certain religion, race, political leaning and allot of other shit will most definitely have a profound effect on your employment and the interviewer need not ask a question about any of this stuff because you posted all that shit on the internet.

Your private life is called your private life because you keep it private.
Life's a Bitch then you Die!
andy vaisey
Director

Re: Your Private Life

Post by andy vaisey »

drcrypto wrote:Your private life is called your private life because you keep it private.
You get a round of applause from me for that statement!

I like to lead my life using, er, my life, not Youtube or Facebook. ;)