Fab
Freelancer

Post by Fab »

Psst...don't say that too loud, somebody could hear you !! :P
SLF
Freelancer

Post by SLF »

gordon wrote:
biggestjim wrote:But don't you remember the loadingsystem of Salamander? Everytime you die you had to reload the whole level, even if you died after a split second (like me, all the time) and even on a diskdrive it took aaaaages. Spoilt all the fun for me.
Yep -- it was a stinking loading system for a beautiful game (a pity, because apart from that it was one of the best horizontally-scrolling shoot 'em up conversions for the C64).

As for Nemesis... I never liked the original much (I much prefer Vulcan Venture, which is just weird), but the 64 was a decent attempt at converting it, IMO.

g.
Funny, I never noticed the apparently awful loading system on Salamander (really enjoyed the game, despite the only 4 levels flaw): I must have been really stubborn at the time, the c2n trained my nerves for life :wink:

As for Nemesis, just a tad above average, imo. Delta is loads better. And Salamander even more.
My top games: 1.Hawkeye, 2.Delta, 3.Creatures 2, 4.Armalyte, 5.Bubble Bobble, 6.Uridium, 7.Ikari Warriors, 8.Bionic Commando, 9.Buggy Boy, 10.Archon.