The Def Guide to Zzap!64
http://www.zzap64.co.uk/zzap-rrap/

Harsh Ratings
http://www.zzap64.co.uk/zzap-rrap/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=487
Page 3 of 5

Author:  CraigGrannell [ Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:31 am ]
Post subject: 

Mr.Zzapback wrote:
Now that was a quick honeymoon! :D
(Congrats btw! :) )

Actually, I'm still away!

(And thanks!)

Author:  Ian Osborne [ Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:15 am ]
Post subject: 

CraigGrannell wrote:
Mr.Zzapback wrote:
Now that was a quick honeymoon! :D
(Congrats btw! :) )

Actually, I'm still away!


You're reading internet forums on your honeymoon? Haven't you got something better to do? :wink:

Author:  CraigGrannell [ Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

Well, yeah, but it's not like I'm spending more than a few minutes each day online! :)

Author:  Lloyd Mangram [ Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yeah, you got to slowly adapt her to your weaknesses. :wink:

Author:  CraigGrannell [ Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:31 am ]
Post subject: 

Well, I'm back now (battling jet lag and the fall-out from a mammoth 18-hour journey), so, um, hello.

Author:  andy vaisey [ Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

One of my favourite games, Citdadel: I think the review was very fair, but the GFX rating was too low in my opinion at 85%. The GFX were great with fantastic shading, gradients and shadows as well as being well animated, etc. I think the rating should be at least 90%.

[Citadel support mode off...]

Author:  genrex [ Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

Wizball
Paperboy
Operation Wolf
Shinobi

All under rated in my opinion....... but thats just me!

Author:  PaulEMoz [ Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

genrex wrote:
Wizball
Paperboy
Operation Wolf
Shinobi

All under rated in my opinion....... but thats just me!


I'd only agree with Shinobi on that list.

Wizball should have been a Gold Medal, sure, but the ratings were very high, generally. You could only knock a couple of them up by one or two marks.

Paperboy was horrible. Sorry.

Operation Wolf was very good, but I think it was marked pretty fairly.

Author:  Professor Brian Strain [ Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:13 am ]
Post subject: 

genrex wrote:
Wizball
Paperboy
Operation Wolf
Shinobi

All under rated in my opinion....... but thats just me!


I'm going to be controversial and say they got Wizball right... at the time. The DEF! Award for best shoot 'em up gave it the respect it deserved.

Paperboy - slightly harsh, it did capture a lot of the flavour of the game

Shinobi - a good conversion, but I dislike the game intensly, particularly after playing it in MAME

Op Wolf - it's much more fun with a mouse or lightgun

Author:  Ockhams Razor [ Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:04 am ]
Post subject:  0%?

Did Zzap ever give any game 0% for anything? I guess you could argue there were a few silent games where the sound rating was "N/A" which is technically a zero... come to think of it, was there ever a 100% score? - I seem to remember World Games getting a few 99% scores.

Author:  Professor Brian Strain [ Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 0%?

Ockhams Razor wrote:
Did Zzap ever give any game 0% for anything? I guess you could argue there were a few silent games where the sound rating was "N/A" which is technically a zero... come to think of it, was there ever a 100% score? - I seem to remember World Games getting a few 99% scores.


There was never a 100% overall score in ZZAP!, lowest overall were Robobolt and Alice In Wonderland with 3% each...

Author:  Ockhams Razor [ Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:05 am ]
Post subject: 

Just IM'd a mate who reckons that Paradroid got a 100% score? - will need to check my Zzap scan DVD tonight!!

Author:  Professor Brian Strain [ Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ockhams Razor wrote:
Just IM'd a mate who reckons that Paradroid got a 100% score? - will need to check my Zzap scan DVD tonight!!


Think it got 100% for presentation...

Author:  Lloyd Mangram [ Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

Professor Brian Strain wrote:
Ockhams Razor wrote:
Just IM'd a mate who reckons that Paradroid got a 100% score? - will need to check my Zzap scan DVD tonight!!


Think it got 100% for presentation...


Yup, overall 97%

Author:  Sixteen Plus [ Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:51 am ]
Post subject: 

the sentinel was rated as unrateable, is it because the reviewers wanted to give it Overall 100% for it's sheer complexity and cleverness alone but also thought it wasn't the totally perfect game (as what is)? i would of given it 99%.

SEUCK also wasn't without it's noticable drawbacks and was unrated, it's non-rating made it overrated with me.

Page 3 of 5 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/