Worst Memory

Tell us about what Zzap meant to you as a lad
Kayanna
Techno Teaboy

Re: Worst Memory

Post by Kayanna »

Iain wrote:
Kayanna wrote:Newbie here..and a little (or maybe not reading this thread) surprised no one has mentioned loading side one on the tape and kicking the games ass for "please load side 2" to appear on the screen, then side two not loading. I don't recall any of my 64s dying on me so maybe I got off lightly...
Was that for multi load games? Pretty harsh if it took two sides of the tape to load in a single loader. :(

Yeah I think it was a multiload...side/part 2 never loaded so I gave up after a few attempts.

Also..my Zzap DVD arrived today so a massive thank you to whoever sent that so quickly! Think I'll be happy as a pig in a poke tonight looking through that!
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Iain wrote:
Kayanna wrote:Newbie here..and a little (or maybe not reading this thread) surprised no one has mentioned loading side one on the tape and kicking the games ass for "please load side 2" to appear on the screen, then side two not loading. I don't recall any of my 64s dying on me so maybe I got off lightly...
Was that for multi load games? Pretty harsh if it took two sides of the tape to load in a single loader. :(
Several US Gold games were like that, around the time of Roadrunner and Deceptor.
kalsolar
Techno Teaboy

Post by kalsolar »

The day when I opened the mag to discover a total change to a more kiddie-fied style of caricatures and type fonts. That hurt.