Where are they now?

Tell us about what Zzap meant to you as a lad
dgourlis
Ken's Fishy Friend

Where are they now?

Post by dgourlis »

I posted the same question at the retrogamer forum, but i think this is the more appropriate area to ask it.
And before doing so, I have to admit I feel nervous, posting at the Zzap forum for the first time, to the magazine that made me rush from school to the kiosk each day, just to ask for the new issue....

Anyway, here goes
Does any of you guys know where is:
(1)Stavros Fassoulas
(2)Rod Pike
(3)Anita Sinclair?
Plato said, Beware the wrath of the patient man
gravy
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by gravy »

I saw Stav about 2 years ago. He's in Finland and was involved with the company Housemarque for quite a while. Unfortunately he's not on the internet for reasons I couldn't really understand :)
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

gravy wrote:I saw Stav about 2 years ago. He's in Finland and was involved with the company Housemarque for quite a while. Unfortunately he's not on the internet for reasons I couldn't really understand :)
Maybe he's trying to log on with his C64? :D
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
dgourlis
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by dgourlis »

gravy wrote:I saw Stav about 2 years ago. He's in Finland and was involved with the company Housemarque for quite a while. Unfortunately he's not on the internet for reasons I couldn't really understand :)
This is amazing news! He should be aware of the fact his Greek following is enormous. Almost all publications (the ones that stilllsurvive after 20 years) want him for an interview.

If you have any contact address, please ask him to contact me,
Thanks!!
Fab
Freelancer

Post by Fab »

dgourlis wrote:
gravy wrote:I saw Stav about 2 years ago. He's in Finland
This is amazing news! He should be aware of the fact his Greek following is enormous.
Is Stav Greek or Finnish? I always read he's Finnish, but he has a Greek name and has a following in Greece...
dgourlis
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by dgourlis »

Is Stav Greek or Finnish? I always read he's Finnish, but he has a Greek name and has a following in Greece...[/quote]

As far as i know he is Finnish from Greek descent. If i recall correctly, he has served at the Finnish army, too. Nevertheless, his name is fully Greek, and the names he was giving to his games, hence the spaceship Damocles or Delta, are of course greek.

He has always been very hard to reach for an interview (I remember the greek magazine of the time asking info about him, but couldnt never actually manage to approach him)
gravy
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by gravy »

Stav's dad is Greek but his mum is Finnish.

I made up the Damocles name :D
dgourlis
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by dgourlis »

gravy wrote:Stav's dad is Greek but his mum is Finnish.

Well, this is excellent news to hear. Finally more specific info about the legendary CBM64 programmer.
When you say you made up the name of Damocles, you mean you suggested the spaceship in Sanxion be named after Damocles?
dgourlis
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by dgourlis »

gravy wrote:Stav's dad is Greek but his mum is Finnish.

Would it be possible to ask Stavros to contact me if he wants to. I would love to send him a few questions as an interview. The Greek magazine PC MAster i am sure would love tohave it (i am not a journalist, I am a physician, but his games back then defenitely had an impact on my youth...;-))
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Retro Gamer would be interested in an interview as well...
cai24
Techno Teaboy

Post by cai24 »

Hi,

I think the only way to try to contact stavros is to ask his phone number from CEO of housemarque. I cant quarantee you a reply, but if you write it nicely and tell who you are and what it is for, maybe that will work. He has no email adresses that I would be aware of. Good luck!
dgourlis
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by dgourlis »

cai24 wrote:Hi,

I think the only way to try to contact stavros is to ask his phone number from CEO of housemarque. I cant quarantee you a reply, but if you write it nicely and tell who you are and what it is for, maybe that will work. He has no email adresses that I would be aware of. Good luck!
Thank you very much for your response. I dont think will ask for his phone number, obviously he does not want to be disturbed, therefore I think i should better dont annoy him. But i think a fan's homepage is defenitely needed for his extremely creative talents. Nevertheless, thank you again for your input.