In-jokes

Tell us about what Zzap meant to you as a lad
Famous Mortimer
Techno Teaboy

In-jokes

Post by Famous Mortimer »

I guess there's plenty of people here who used to work on the mag...I remember a few years ago I wrote to Gordon Houghton about something on his site and he sent me a lovely reply back...I was all "holy shit!! I got an email off Gordon Houghton!" I should have gone back to when I was ten and gone "in your face, ten year old me!"

I remember with fondness the "ACG Are Poo" incident, where ACG, Are, and Poo were put as the three top scores in some screenshot of a score table in some game (ACG were Ashby Computers and Graphics, aka Ultimate, a not-terribly-brilliant games maker of the time). God, where is all this nonsense coming from? I remembered that all this time?

Anyway, what in-jokes that flew over our poor childish heads were slipped into the mag? Any favourites?
"The rich will do everything for the poor except get off their backs" - Karl Marx
Mayhem
Editor

Post by Mayhem »

I recall in one issue of CU for their "Go for the Gold" review, the competitor was Bastard (Eng) :lol:
Another visitor... stay awhile... stay forever!
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

The 'ShadowSpiel' column always had loads of industry in-jokes as well as not very subtle digs at Commodore User and C&VG. It was one of my favourite regulars! :)
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com