Introductions..

Tell us about what Zzap meant to you as a lad
Satan'sMaleVoiceChoir
Techno Teaboy

Introductions..

Post by Satan'sMaleVoiceChoir »

Hello, I couldn't find a 'New Members' Thread - or maybe I am just blind...

Stumbled across this site by happy accident looking for C64 games and emulators and joined up right away.

ZZap 64 and the C64 were a massive part of my life as a young teenager; I used to read the mag cover-to-cover (even Tamara Knight!) and the wait for the next issue would be almost painful. I used to walk a mile to the Paper Shop every day (rain or shine - mostly rain) for at least 3 days before the mag came out to collect my reserved copy - just in case it came in early! Oh, the memories - such innocent, uncomplicated times.

I download games for my C64 emulator now - not so much to play them, but simply to listen to the music and wallow in the nostalgia the sounds bring. I am now an avid PC Gamer, but can not think of any PC Game music or themes I could hum/whistle like I could Ghosts 'n' Goblins, Master of Magic, Space Harrier, Commando, Ikari Warriors, Skate or Die, and many many more.

Look forward to chatting to you all!
'You Can't Help Smiling if You've Bitten Off Your Own Lips' - Mel Croucher, Zzap 64
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Welcome!
Satan'sMaleVoiceChoir
Techno Teaboy

Post by Satan'sMaleVoiceChoir »

Thanks for the welcome guys!
'You Can't Help Smiling if You've Bitten Off Your Own Lips' - Mel Croucher, Zzap 64
Ant
Sub Editor

Post by Ant »

Welcome aboard! Always good to get some new blood on the forum.

For the record, I actually liked Tamara Knight :oops:
"Isn't this where ... we came in?"
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

Welcome! :)
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
Nightfaery
Ken's Fishy Friend

Re: Introductions..

Post by Nightfaery »

Satan'sMaleVoiceChoir wrote: I download games for my C64 emulator now - not so much to play them, but simply to listen to the music and wallow in the nostalgia the sounds bring.
Funny you say that because I love listening to the music too. The way I see it, if it's good music what's stopping you from listening to it casually? I mean I get people picking on me because I do but hell, they listen to worse music. However I'll tell you something cool, there are a few sites I go on frequently that have MP3 downloads of remixed tunes (usually remixed anyway). One is c64remix I think (try www.amigaremix.com then go to the C64 in links) and Mirsoft. The latter needs a MOD player but it's well worth it. Also there is a Ducth band that plays C64 music called Press Play on Tape, their Myspace has a few of their tunes. lolz *^_^*
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Nightfaery wrote: Also there is a Ducth band that plays C64 music called Press Play on Tape, their Myspace has a few of their tunes. lolz *^_^*
Danish I believe, bloody good they are too! :)
Nightfaery
Ken's Fishy Friend

Post by Nightfaery »

Iain wrote:
Nightfaery wrote: Also there is a Ducth band that plays C64 music called Press Play on Tape, their Myspace has a few of their tunes. lolz *^_^*
Danish I believe, bloody good they are too! :)
Gah not only did I get the country wrong I spelled it wrong! Aaaahhh....
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

If you like sid music, heres a good site

http://sid.oth4.com/

It has high quality mp3s of loads of tunes which are handy to listen to in work or on the go. I like the early synth music that a lot of the sid music is based on (Delta is a mix of On the Run by Pink Floyd (Dark side of the Moon track 2) and Kyonaquatsi by Philip Glass.

Sid/Amiga

Phenomena Enigma (amiga demo)
Wizball Martin Galway
Rambo Rob Hubbard
War Rob Hubbard
Delta Rob Hubbard
Panther David Whittaker
Tetris Wally Beben
Master of the Lamps (forgotten composer Doh!)
Trap Ben Daglish
The last Ninja Ben daglish

(normal :-) non sid) top 10 in non order at the moment
Gary Numan Replicas 2008 tour edition
Gary Numan Peel Sessions
Kraftwerk Radioactivitet (German Version)
Rammstein Rosenrot
Depeche Mode Playing the Angel
Magazine Rays and Hail
The Orb The Dream
Brian Eno Apollo
& lastly Sparks Hello Young Lovers (you have to hear this)

Good selection of different music. anyone else got any current mp3 favs at the moment :-)
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff