Site Twitter Account

News related to the site
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Done!
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Iain wrote:I've hacked together a latest tweet bit at the footer of the forum index page, to tide us over until I upgrade to phpBB3 at some stage.

p.s. Craig, don't look at the CSS, it's hacked embed style :(
Wait till you start hacking around with phpBB3. Style sheet madness! RUN AWAY!!!!!!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I've installed it on a site for work. Took me ages to figure out that the styles where cached in the database... after much editing and uploading and refreshing pages and wondering why nothing was changing...

It would be great to get a Zzap style for it when installed.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I've taken over Mr. ZzapBack's, I mean Lloyd's tweeter account, so start following http://twitter.com/ZZAPRRAP now.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Just noticed that one of the followers of my twitter account is Julian Rignall!

I feel quite honoured but now under pressure to provide witty and insightful comments into Zzap. Help! ;-)
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Iain wrote:Just noticed that one of the followers of my twitter account is Julian Rignall!

I feel quite honoured but now under pressure to provide witty and insightful comments into Zzap. Help! ;-)
Once we were following Jaz, now... 8)
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Em. Seems Twitter is stopping applications that pass the account password every time (got an email about it a week or so ago). Seems that the one I was using to display the latest tweet on the bottom of the forum has stopped working... Will look into getting a newer version at some stage...

Twitter account and all that still active though.
Iain
Admin

Re: Site Twitter Account

Post by Iain »

Twitter has now basically blocked / made ineffective all external widgets to display tweets etc. They are trying to force us to only use their widgets with all the associated extra fluff / tracking so I'm going to post my latest tweets here as well as actually on Twitter. Might hard code them somewhere in the header or footer at some stage as well.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Tweets from the past couple of months. Latest on top.

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 5 Nov

Onto issue 85 and the round up features begin. First up is Footy Phil with his soccer round up.

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 5 Nov

I84 done. Steve Shields joins the gang, hopefully to rein in Lucy! The backlash against her has started in the Rrap

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 3 Nov

Ho hum iss 83 done. Many games I don't recognise since I prob didn't read this issue much back in d day. Backgrounds like 1996 web pages!!

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 30 Oct

Iss 82 done. Mainly compilation and budget reviews of which the latter are reviewed like full price games now. Makes sense for the times.

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 30 Oct

Also noticed we now have 100 followers now! Not bad considering the feed is mainly about data entry updates at the moment! :)

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 30 Oct

I also noticed the strange cover of issue 82 http://www.zzap64.co.uk/zzapcovers/tni82mar92.jpg … .. a photo! The only one to grace Zzap or C= Force's cover

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 30 Oct

Starting 82. Lucy Hickman has taken over and Zzap's quality is about to go downhill rather quickly. Lloyd is replaced with Miss Whiplash.

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 27 Oct

Iss 81 done. Some sizzlers in this one: First Samurai and The Blues Brothers. New PD section called "PD File". Bit of a dodgy pun that one!

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 27 Oct

Starting iss 81. Stu is gone and Phil King takes over as editor. A gold Medal is awarded at last with Creatures 2.

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 27 Oct

Iss 80 done. Every man, woman & their dog gets to write a review in this one. Alan Green, Claire Morley, Adrian Pitt and Paul Mellerick!

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 16 Oct

I79 done. TIB 3.5" drive review. Seemed v good but never really made it. Smash TV gets 93% & 1 of d 2 sizzlers of the issue. No gold medals.

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 16 Oct

@piginapokezzap It certainly started going downhill quite quickly after that, before going back up the hill a bit with Commodore Force.

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 2 Oct

Issue 79 started. First issue under Europress Impact but more importantly this issue has my letter about the C65 in it! ;-)

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 9 Sep

Issue 78 was also Newsfield's last so we had to wait a while for issue 79 to come around under Europress Impact.

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 9 Sep

Iss 78 done. Speedball 2 got 90%. I played it on d C64 for d 1st time a few months ago & it is a damn fine conversion. Chase HQ (37%) isn't.

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 4 Sep

Starting iss 78. C64GS officially dead. TIB 3.5" drive announced. Lots of letters about C65. Darkman review by the late Will Evans
andy vaisey
Director

Post by andy vaisey »

Iain wrote:Twitter has now basically blocked / made ineffective all external widgets to display tweets etc. They are trying to force us to only use their widgets with all the associated extra fluff / tracking...
Yeah, I assume to do with their IPO.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 20 Nov

Iss 86 done. D innuendo is less & Scorelord is back! Mainly budget reviews, compilations & a roundup on boxing & wrestling plus Chuck Rock

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 13 Nov

Iss 85 finished. Good lot of reviews although d best game were re-releases like Turrican 2. Bash The Barbarian takes over d adventure pages
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 4 Dec

Iss 87 done. Only traces of Lucy left, ie Lash. Round up of American games and budget reviews a plenty even a couple of budget compilations
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 15 Dec

Starting i88. Zzap goes widescreen! Nice cleaner design as well. The bottom was reached a few issues ago but things are looking up now!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 21 Dec

Issue 88 done. Starting to see the end of all this data entry and checking!

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 21 Dec

Finished reading the new Sensible Software bio book today. Rather good and written by @GaryPenn . http://www.readonlymemory.vg
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Iain wrote:Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 21 Dec

Issue 88 done. Starting to see the end of all this data entry and checking!

Iain ‏@ZZAPRRAP 21 Dec

Finished reading the new Sensible Software bio book today. Rather good and written by @GaryPenn . http://www.readonlymemory.vg
I really liked issue 88. Well, the little box at the top right of page 37 particularly... :wink: