People still leeching Issues

News related to the site
Carthag
Techno Teaboy

Post by Carthag »

Perhaps I am the culprit? At least it's the same ISP as I have, but currently that's not my IP so I can't be sure. Wait, I'm not even close to 28-30.

Anyway, I wrote a perl script that gets 50 scans, then waits 4 hours before getting the next. You're welcome to have a copy of the source if you'd like, Iain.

Also, you can find it in your logs as user-agent "FriendlyZzapGrab-50/4h limit respected". I noticed that you prevented it from working a while back, but that's okay. I could rewrite it to only get one page per 10 minutes or or whatever 4 hours divided by 50 is, how does that sound?
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well you are keeping by the rules, so it's not you.

How does your Perl script get around the cookie security?

I would be interested in seeing the script though from a programmer point of view, send it over to webmaster@zzap64.co.uk
Carthag
Techno Teaboy

Post by Carthag »

The script is in the mail.

I found out what was making the script fail. I had updated perl and broken my dependencies. (doh!)
SLF
Freelancer

Post by SLF »

Just a quick note to say how much I enjoyed your Christmas present Iain (many XMas Special scans online) :)

Keep 'em rotating!
My top games: 1.Hawkeye, 2.Delta, 3.Creatures 2, 4.Armalyte, 5.Bubble Bobble, 6.Uridium, 7.Ikari Warriors, 8.Bionic Commando, 9.Buggy Boy, 10.Archon.