Zzap Stuff on eMule

News related to the site
Iain
Admin

Zzap Stuff on eMule

Post by Iain »

As you may now, I have started putting full issue scans on eMule.

Up to now it was a little hard to get them since I had a lot of other shared files available, but now I have finished downloading everything I was trying to get (for the moment) and basically all I am sharing are the zzap scans, so it should take no time at all for you all to get them.

Remember, when you have downloaded them, keep them shared so other people can get them faster and use less of my bandwidth. It's nice to be nice! :-D

Zzap eMule Page
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Great stuff, the files are starting to spread a bit more, there are now about 5 different sources for the scan files, which means people will get them a lot faster and not just be relying on my computer being switched on! :)
White Demon
Techno Teaboy

Post by White Demon »

For the love of....

Please don't use emule. It has to be the most difficult to understand and impossible to configure p2p i've ever seen.

I've gone so far as to completely disable my firewall and forward all the correct ports on my router (as stated in ther docs) and it still can't make any connections with anything.

emule is the worst p2p I've ever seen.
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

White Demon wrote:For the love of....

Please don't use emule. It has to be the most difficult to understand and impossible to configure p2p i've ever seen.

I've gone so far as to completely disable my firewall and forward all the correct ports on my router (as stated in ther docs) and it still can't make any connections with anything.

emule is the worst p2p I've ever seen.
Are you sure? I find emule to be pretty good, when the likes of Kazaa now have tons of fake files. DC++ is a pretty good file sharing system too, but you have to enter hubs to share.
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I found it quite easy to set up, and the port forwarding on my firewall/router worked fine.
White Demon
Techno Teaboy

Post by White Demon »

I still think emule's not all that good. It seems that whenever I am having a problem with any program and emule is running, 90% of the time I can guarantee that I shut down emule and the problem with the other program disappears.

I've removed all the port forwarding I'm supposed to do and turned my firewall back into full stealth mode, and the CU scans actually download? (I don't need the zzap ones that are available at the moment). This program is very strange.

So, for now it appears OK. I really don't think I'd use this program to download music with (I've got other mp3 only p2ps that are far better), but if it's gonna get me some scans quick, for now I'll join 'em and say bring it on. :D
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I have added the PDF's of Zzap 107 to eMule, both the low res and high res versions.

http://www.zzap64.co.uk/emule.html
Sanitarium
Techno Teaboy

Post by Sanitarium »

Yup, EMule is a pain in the arse indeed, but usually it does the job, although I would prefer torrents to be used.
White Demon
Techno Teaboy

Post by White Demon »

I noticed some were downloading the copies of ZZAP!107 I had when I was running Emule a few weeks back.

Any more issues planned to go up? I personally would like issue 104 please :D
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

there's a decent spread of the issue up there already so I will get around to adding more. 104 will be top of my list :)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Add more issues to the eMule page.

Zips of issues 6,7,8,9 and 104 are now there!

eMule Page
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Just an update.

I only have the zzap issues to share at the moment so you'll get to download them via eMule straight away. There's zero people in the queue as I type.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Added issue 10 and 11 of Zzap and issue 2 of Commodore User to the eMule page :)

http://www.zzap64.co.uk/emule.html