Happy 20th Birthday to Zzap and New Additions

News related to the site
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

Don't panic - I'm here! :)

Probably to do with the nice weather we are currently having 8)
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well I'm just recovering from a cold, so I'm not in the mood to enjoy it at the mo, although it hasn't been great here the past couple of days. Bloody windy too! :(
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

ZZAP! did indeed pick up in those last few issues, particularly with the round-up features (e.g. issue 90's film tie-in piece).

(Nice weather? A couple of hours of sun here, but mostly cloudy and dull, and getting chilly tonight. That's of course if you can decipher the BBC's terrible new weather forecast graphics... :roll: )
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Scans of issue 92 and 93 are now online, which leaves only 10 more issues to go online and then ALL of the scanned Zzap's will be available on the site! Quite impressive I would say and there's room to host issues from a few other mags as well.

Any sugguestions? e.g. Commodore User, Commodore Format etc.?
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Iain wrote:Any sugguestions? e.g. Commodore User, Commodore Format etc.?
Maybe a selection—one mid-era issue from CU, CF, C&VG, TGM, etc. The reason I say "mid era" is because that's when they were strongest (well, apart from CF, where one of the first dozen issues would be best), whereas the earliest issues for most were weak.

That said, it'd be good to have at least partial previews for each of the DVDs. I've never seen what Amtix looked like, for instance.
Mort
Director

Post by Mort »

It would be good to get Cu issue 0 up as this was well advertised on the board and I missed it on the original dvd release (did not know it existed).

Other goodies would be Amtix for the different Oli artwork and the Cf`s missing off the Cf site (still no response from Pj :cry: )

Ps scanned all the Commdore Horizons in so need just the Amiga pamphlet from the last (well I think issue) March 86 :wink:
Where`s my screwdriver, need to replace another 6581 Sniff
LeeT
Director

Post by LeeT »

The later issues of AMTIX! were quite good - It's a shame that it was axed when it was, as it showed a lot of promise - It was like a cross between CRASH (mostly the same reviewers) and ZZAP! (similar layout with review heads).
Contributor to Def Tribute to ZZAP!
Compilation64 - http://compilation64.zzap64.co.uk/
Crazy about the C64? - www.lemon64.com
Amiga Anguish? - www.lemonamiga.com
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

LeeT wrote:The later issues of AMTIX! were quite good - It's a shame that it was axed when it was, as it showed a lot of promise - It was like a cross between CRASH (mostly the same reviewers) and ZZAP! (similar layout with review heads).
Yeah, I have the scans.
Nice mag, Liddon wrote for it too.
It has a very nice feature about Amtix (read: Zzap!) Towers, was it december 1986 or so?
Not bad at all.
I always was a bit jealous about the Amstrad's colourful graphics, and Out Run looked much better on it. Never played it though.

Gotta got to bed! :) (what a football night btw :shock: )
Ta!
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Mort—do you have any plans for Amiga Power? That in many ways seems like the spiritual successor to Zzap! (and perhaps, in some ways at least, the forerunner to Arcade, the last decent games mag).