All Zzap Scans Now Online!! and more webspace too!

News related to the site

What mag scans do you want on the site next?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:27 pm

Commodore User
11%
Commodore Format
28%
The Games Machine
28%
Personal Computer Games
22%
Commodore Horizons
11%

Total votes: 18

Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Hopefully I get banned, and live happily ever after.... 8)
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

No! We should get you a carriage clock, or an embossed wallet, or something. ;) Anyway, thirty posts to go...
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

And with the way this thread is going, it'll not be long until he gets to 1000, let's hope he doesn't go around the clock at 999 back to 0!!
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Back to techno tea-boy.
Fab
Freelancer

Post by Fab »

OK, enough idle banter, let's bring the thread back into topic!

Congratulations for having all the scans online!!! Now, would it be possible to have all Megatapes online? (pretty please...)

Not that I mind, I've got Mort's DVD :)

OK, now we can resume talking about Gordon, Iain and T-Rex...
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Fab wrote:let's bring the thread back into topic!
You're new around here, aren't you?
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

CraigGrannell wrote:
Fab wrote:let's bring the thread back into topic!
You're new around here, aren't you?
I once owned a pair of trousers that shade, but they were devoured by ocelots on the South Beach at Tenby.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Fab wrote: Now, would it be possible to have all Megatapes online? (pretty please...)
This has been an often requested addition (although maybe it's just numerous requests from yourself! ;-) ) to the site and it's on my to do list, but I plan to add them when I have the dynamic issue contents system in place, but before I do that, I need to convert the remaining "Features" on the site to my DB format. It's all very slow and boring, thus why it's taking so long, oh and the fact that I'm lazy and am also (sort of!) working on my master's project.

If the Megatapes aren't there within the next year, get on my case about it again! :-D
Matt
Freelancer

Post by Matt »

woah! :shock:
it's been a while since I've last been here but this is truely great news.
unlikely like a lot of u guys, I don't have all the scans on my HD so I really stand up and apploud loud!
cheers iain, mort ;)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Silly me saying that all issues were now online, how could I have forgotten about the great issue 107 that came out in March 2002.

It was now been rectified, and the scans of 107 are now online.

Of course, there no link to them on the front page yet, as I'd have to increase a table by a row and that would screw up the layout of other things, which would mean those things would have to be changed and then the words wouldn't equal the letters and black would turn into white.. etc. wibble wibble..etc..
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Guess the scans aren't too popular these days, as I've just realised that all the scans hosted on my cafebaron.com site/domain were dead due to the domain name expiring (DOH! you'd think my host would inform me of such things!).

It appears to have been like this for around 3 weeks.

I have changed the links to point to a temp url which is working at the moment and hopefully I can get back the domain name before it falls into the hands of bloody cyber squatting scum!
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Maybe it's down to how often people check them these days. Because I have one of Mort's DVDs, I only check the scans when I'm writing about something that needs research in Zzap! and am too lazy to get off my arse and get the DVD from the other side of the room. I did notice that issue 30-something was offline the other day, but just assumed it was a temporary glitch.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well I got them back last night. But the domain is back in use already.

It's very weird that I got no notification of the impending doom of my domain, normally you are inundated with warnings and spam from other company trying to get you to transfer over to them. But you get what you pay for with Powweb I guess. :)