HTML Reviews

News related to the site
Iain
Admin

HTML Reviews

Post by Iain »

As you've probably noticed, I've started adding html versions of the reviews. Like the features, the layout/design is simple.

You can thank Jianso for supplying the Auf Monty one, there should be plenty more coming from him and I'll be adding Dimitris' text reviews as well.
gordon
Director

Post by gordon »

Veeery nice -- it's particularly good to be able to do a CTRL-A on the reviews and have the text copy pretty much perfectly into a word processor. A pity there are so many reviews and so few helpers, as it'd be a nice reference source in itself. Why not put an appeal on the main zzap64.co.uk page?

But it's good that Dmitris has agreed to let you have his stuff -- he's been toiling away for a few years now, and done a good job.

g.

[Edit -- Hey! I'm finally a staffer once again :)]
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well I mentioned wanting more help before, but in a more subtle way. When I finish my super-duper dynamic feature/review checkin editting system, I'll go grabbing more people to help.

So nice of you to volunteer though Gordon! ;-)
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Shame there are no b/w heads with the reviews.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

yeah, but it would take too much time scanning them in and touching them up. Unless you are volunteering? :)
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Maybe later - I definitely don't have time at the moment. Mind you, you don't need to scan them in - you already have them in the pages you have online!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Yeah, but the heads changed nearly every couple of issues, in total, there must be an awful lot of them.
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

As in the people? I guess so, although in the early days there were fewer changes, and the graphics themselves only changed a few times.
Jianso
Techno Teaboy

Post by Jianso »

iain wrote:Well I mentioned wanting more help before, but in a more subtle way. When I finish my super-duper dynamic feature/review checkin editting system, I'll go grabbing more people to help.

I should bloody well hope so, this is hard work you know!

Seriously, it is a chore to type in the reviews but I think it's worth it. When I get my Revo working again I hope to have a Zzap!64 review database on it (even if I do have to type in all the reviews post issue 9 myself!) :roll:

Anyway, hi fellow followers of the C64, I'm Jianso.

I've wanted to contribute to keeping Zzap!64 alive since I first saw the site on my Dreamcast. Early in 2001 I obtained my first PC for six years, and went online. Seeing the Def guide then I wanted to contribute but the guy from the phone company said no.

I'm on unlimited now (yes as far as I know it really does mean unlimited on Blueyonder, so far...) and have been for a while. After various PC fuck-ups I can finally contribute.

I thought I ought to say hi as I'll be sending reviews for some time to come.

Anyone can copy the text I type in - I don't claim anything to it - just please credit me with doing the job.

Take care,
Jianso.

p.s. If the heads from scans are okay I hope that some of us can get 'em all. Shouldn't be too hard. It'll just take a night or two.
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Hey Iain,
where's my totally typed in 3 page review of Wizball? :shock:
Aargh!
Only to see it online, html-ized, would give me enough courage to do some more, man! :)

Howdy-howdy-howdy!
Rob
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

AH yes, you sent that to me about 2 years ago didn't you? 8-) It should be on my old laptop somwehere, I shall go and search for it later and pop it up on the site.

Surely Jasper can type and read by now? Sit him on a pillow on a chair and get him to type them in!! ;-)
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Actually, it was 3 years ago. :wink:

But if you have difficulties to find the file, let me know, since I can easily send it to you (again).

Yes indeed, Casper DOES type on my computer every now and then .

Only yesterday he typed ''aejrogks*J#EpDE(gjswjSaxxODojz".
I will send this material a.s.a.p. to you so you can upload his cool stuff. :D

Cheerzz!

Rob
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Probably easy if you send me the text again as it would save me swopping HDs in my old laptop. I promise I'll get it online within 24hr or less of you sending it to me this time! 8-)
alexhighnumber
Freelancer

Post by alexhighnumber »

Just out of interest are you using OCR at all?
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

I do, but the other mad buggers don't!! Well maybe Jim does, I dunno?