Link Colours

News related to the site
Iain
Admin

Link Colours

Post by Iain »

I'm thinking of changing the colours of the links on the site since the default blue colour doesn't really stand out from the blue background of the tables. I tried white but they seemed a bit too in-your-face. Anybody got suggestions?

You need to suggest a default link colour, a hover colour and an already visited link colour.

I need the hex values of the above and you can get them in any good palette editor.

The colour of the table's background is #2898E0 (which is a strange value, dunno why I chose it!)

I'm sure you've got a suggest Craig? :)
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

With that background colour, black with an underline would be sufficient.
SLF
Freelancer

Post by SLF »

I don't like much that everything in the Zzapback comments is underlined, now. Or is it just me?
My top games: 1.Hawkeye, 2.Delta, 3.Creatures 2, 4.Armalyte, 5.Bubble Bobble, 6.Uridium, 7.Ikari Warriors, 8.Bionic Commando, 9.Buggy Boy, 10.Archon.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

CraigGrannell wrote:With that background colour, black with an underline would be sufficient.
Would that stand out enough though?

I guess you don't like my background colour? I could change it, but it would envolve Mr. Zzapback redoing his logo slightly, and if I gave him any more work before the Def Tribute is out, he's apt to explode! :-D
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

SLF wrote:I don't like much that everything in the Zzapback comments is underlined, now. Or is it just me?
think it might just be you? Every part of every comment is underlined?

What browser / system you using?

The page is 100% Xhtml1.0 compliant so there shouldn't be a problem.
Lloyd Mangram
King of Ludlow

Post by Lloyd Mangram »

Iain wrote:
I guess you don't like my background colour? I could change it, but it would envolve Mr. Zzapback redoing his logo slightly, and if I gave him any more work before the Def Tribute is out, he's apt to explode! :-D
KABOOM!!!

too late...
Once again I emerge from beneath a massive pile of paper which makes my desk groan to bring you the world’s most amazing posts.
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

Iain—Links need to stand out from the body copy, and an underline is enough. As for the background colour, I think it's a bit too much, but I prefer more subtle schemes. Actually, I'd love to see the home page as more of a direct tribute to the old classic Zzap! contents pages, but that would be a major change!
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Yeap, you did mention that before, it would be quite a change, but if it's something you'd like to do with CSS and Xhtml, be my guest :)

Maybe a quick image of the design you have in mind would be good?