The Fantasy Art of Oliver Frey Now Out

News related to the site
Iain
Admin

The Fantasy Art of Oliver Frey Now Out

Post by Iain »

It's been a long time in coming but Roger's book about Oliver Frey and his art is now out. Go to the Oli Book page for more info and links
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

It's strange, there doesn't seem to be a massive amount of interest in this. I thought lots of people would be clicking on the banners and ordering it.

Is it because it's primarily an art book rather than a book about Newsfield or Zzap? or is it just because everybody is being good and ordering it from a local bookshoop? (or as the yanks call it, a mom and pop store)

Just curious...
Ian Osborne
Staffer

Post by Ian Osborne »

Maybe people are ordering it without clicking on the banners, maybe through a bookshop as you suggest, or just by checking on Amazon without the link? I got Roger (Michael) Kean's book on the Emperors of Rome through Amazon while shopping there for Xmas pressies last year, so I didn't arrive at the page via the Zzap! site - perhaps people are doing this for Oli's book too...
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well I hope it is being ordered. But if people ordered through my site I get LOADS of dosh!! :-E Well around 5% anyway. Do it for the site x-)

I must start checking the Amazon sales rank of it.

[edit]It's rank is 6,007. Hard to tell if that's good or not, since I assume Amazon sells a shit load of books![/edit]
CraigGrannell
King of Zzap Towers

Post by CraigGrannell »

It's a great book—a little light on written content at times, but this only lets the art shine all the more. Any fan of Oli's art would be a total muppet if they avoided picking up a copy of this book.
Ian Osborne
Staffer

Post by Ian Osborne »

Iain wrote:Well I hope it is being ordered. But if people ordered through my site I get LOADS of dosh!! :-E Well around 5% anyway. Do it for the site x-)
Aha, that's something I didn't realise. Well, at least I ordered Gordon's book through your link ;)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Is Gordon's book still available or maybe just from the "Marketplace"? They normal price things at 1p and then postage is £5 or so, so I made (er I mean the site! ;-) ) about .05p from that :-E

More text content in Oli's book would have been great BUT the book is about his art so it's completely understandable. The print quality of the images and paper quality are excellent so the images really do shine.
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Will order it through the banner when I get back from holiday...
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Ta ;-)

Let's hope that sales rank on Amazon is on an upward trend :)
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Just to let you know:

According to Amazon, the book is now dispatched within 24 hours, rather than the crazy 4-5 weeks, which was the case previously.

Link to Art of Oliver Frey on Amazon
knight_beat
Techno Teaboy

Post by knight_beat »

I ordered a copy in April and the dispatch date is listed as sometime in August. :shock:
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Oh dear! That doesn't sound good, you should email Amazon and point them to the current listed depatch time and ask why is your one still in August?
Professor Brian Strain
King of Zzap Towers

Post by Professor Brian Strain »

Ordered mine Sunday and got it this morning... it's excellent.
knight_beat
Techno Teaboy

Post by knight_beat »

No change. I plan to cancel my order with Amazon. A dozen copies of the book have appeared in Forbidden Planet London. The price is exactly the same so I'll just buy one offline.
Iain
Admin

Post by Iain »

Well once you got a copy, that's the important thing. I do hope sales have been going well,although if it's that hard to get it off Amazon... :(

Anybody else had better luck / same problems?